C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I upgarde to the LG GStop brake kit what rear pads should I run?

Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Vampyre777
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I upgarde to the LG GStop brake kit what rear pads should I run?

I have a 02 c5 z06. This coming spring I plan on upgrading the brakes on the car to the LG Gstop wilwood sl6 package with the E pads so I can still keep the oem wheels. I will also be putting new rotors on all 4 corners and SS lines. My thoughs are that if im in there doing the brakes I mine as well do some upgrades.

For other people that have done this I am assuming you keep your stock rear calipers? If so what rear pads are you running?

Last edited by Vampyre777; 12-22-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:08 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

For street use the Wilwood "E" pad compound front and rear. For track use the "H" compound pad front and rear. Wilwood makes both varieties in the C5 stock rear configuration.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:50 PM
mathia
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In the front I run the Q pads on the street and the H pads at HPDEs. I'll probably try the E pads when the Q's wear out as the Q's are lacking in initial bite, even compared to the the stock Z06 pads which is what I had before I upgraded to the Wilwood calipers. The H pads are really aggressive on the stock rotors and I'm thinking when they wear out I'll try something else in hopes of getting the stock rotors to last longer.

I've been running the stock Z06 pads in the rear on both the street and the track and it's been working fine for me. It's nice to not have to change those out.

Get notified of new replies

To If I upgarde to the LG GStop brake kit what rear pads should I run?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If I upgarde to the LG GStop brake kit what rear pads should I run?