C5 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C5 products, services and promotions.

Don't wait till you scrape! Check this out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Location: SacCityCorvette.com in Sacramento Ca Join us on Facebook!
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12,'13,'15,'16,'17

Default Don't wait till you scrape! Check this out!

Hi Everyone!
C5/C6/ C7 Corvette owners know that the front skid plates are vulnerable to getting bumped and scraped. Fangs from SacCityCorvette provide the best possible protection available for your front skid Plates/Lower Radiator support on your C5/C6 / C7 Corvette. Made of a High Impact Superior Performance Plastic, the C5/C6/ C7 Fangs are extremely impact resistant and 6 times more abrasion resistant than steel and Installation only takes a few minutes. Being only 1/8" thick you will not even notice any clearance loss. There is NO drilling or modification required! C5 Fangs are a simple 10 minute bolt on using your factory bolts.C6, you simply glue them on or if you prefer, they can be screwed if you order the screw on kit. It comes with drill bit and tapping screws. Once the Fangs are installed you will have the best protection available. $49.99 is a very small price to pay for such good protection of such an expensive part of your Vette!
(Note: we still have the screw on C6 Fangs for those who prefer them. Check our website)

Some of the Benefits
1) They are only 1/8” thick so there is no noticeable ground clearance loss. That’s very important since there is not much clearance there to begin with!

2)The superior performance plastic we use is 6 times more abrasion resistant than steel making them slide very smoothly over what ever they come into contact with.

3)They perform perfectly in hot or cold weather.

4) They distribute the load over the entire skid plate where it is the strongest and can evenly distributes the impact, not on one side or the other where the side load can bend skid plate.

5)There are no moving parts to wear out.

6)They only weigh 5oz for those that worry about weight.

7)There is no drilling or modification needed to install them

8)The Fangs give protection over the entire skid plate. So if you bump up on a parking block like we demonstrate in our video you are protected from the front to back and from the highest point of the skid plate to the lowest.

9)They look like something that came on your Vette from the factory.

Here is a video of the Fangs getting used!
http://www.saccitycorvette.com/See-t...n-Action-.html

Here is info for the C5 Fangs
http://www.saccitycorvette.com/Fangs.html

Info for the C6 Fangs (Note: we still have the Screw on C6 Fangs for those who prefer them. Check our website)
http://www.saccitycorvette.com/C6-Fangs.html

Info for the C7 Fangs $66.95
http://www.saccitycorvette.com/C7Fangs.html

C6 Glue Fangs

C6 Screw On Fangs

Fangs will help prevent this from happening.

No gluing for the C5 Fangs. They bolt on with factory bolts.

If you like our products, tell others! If not, tell us!

Last edited by SacCityCorvette; 08-17-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I would like to see what a set of fangs look like after a year of scraping. IM not disrespecting the product, but looking to see how effective they would be in a car that would represent the type of scraping found in the photo on your product ( damaged Torch red C5 ) description of the before and after.
Or a photo from some members who bought the product because their personal driving habits are conducive of a lot of scrapping.
Looking to see how durable your product is over time

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 01-09-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Hi Evil-Twin,
We have been selling Fangs for 3 years and have a few thousand pair here in the states and all over the world and had herd nothing but praise about them. If you search this forum you will see that.
The Fangs will show scrapes if you climb up on a parking block or scrape a driveway.
But because they are black all the way through the scraped don’t show to bad and defiantly look better then scraped up metal. But that is what they are designed to do is get scraped instead of the steel skid plate getting scraped. It would take a lot of scraping to wear though. We even have a customer satisfaction guarantee that if you feel they did not perform the way you expected we will replace them. We did have one forum member with a A&A SC kit that lowered the skid plates plus his Vette was lowered, he scraped everywhere and ended up wearing through. He was very cool and understood that his Vette was just abusive. He didn’t even want a warranty .
The main thing the Fangs do, and you being an Engineer will understand this, is they greatly reduce friction. So instead of the steel skid plates digging in and getting traction that can cause the radiator support to break, the Fangs because of their anti friction qualities allow the plates to just slide and not get traction putting much less stress on the support. Anyway search the forum and see what Fangs owner are saying.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by SacCityCorvette
Hi Evil-Twin,
We have been selling Fangs for 3 years and have a few thousand pair here in the states and all over the world and had herd nothing but praise about them. If you search this forum you will see that.
The Fangs will show scrapes if you climb up on a parking block or scrape a driveway.
But because they are black all the way through the scraped don’t show to bad and defiantly look better then scraped up metal. But that is what they are designed to do is get scraped instead of the steel skid plate getting scraped. It would take a lot of scraping to wear though. We even have a customer satisfaction guarantee that if you feel they did not perform the way you expected we will replace them. We did have one forum member with a A&A SC kit that lowered the skid plates plus his Vette was lowered, he scraped everywhere and ended up wearing through. He was very cool and understood that his Vette was just abusive. He didn’t even want a warranty .
The main thing the Fangs do, and you being an Engineer will understand this, is they greatly reduce friction. So instead of the steel skid plates digging in and getting traction that can cause the radiator support to break, the Fangs because of their anti friction qualities allow the plates to just slide and not get traction putting much less stress on the support. Anyway search the forum and see what Fangs owner are saying.
These mount without issue on a car with an A&A system then?

Thanks,

Pat
Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Hi Drion,
Yes they do mount without issue. If you order, order the A&A SC Fangs, they are a little longer for you lowered radiator support. We have quit a few A&A fangs out there that work great, but if your Vette is hammered down along with the lowered radiator support and is scraping everywhere you go, the Fangs may not hold up to a daly beating like one of our customers did.
Thanks
Christian
Old 01-14-2013, 04:23 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Are you waiting to until you scrape?
Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Fangs only take a few minutes to install!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I do alot of research before I buy anything or put my endorsement on it... From all of my research, this is a must have product for any C5 or C6. There is a definite need for this product and it is an inexpensive way to protect those radiator supports that seem to have eyes for curbs and those cement parking space stoppers. Ive had a lot of feedback in private and in open forum. Ive yet to find anyone with a negative comment.. everyone who has them seems to be very pleased.
If you have some damage already, this is a nice way to bring back that clean factory look and add a layer of protection too... I know I sound like a salesman but I'm not involved with this product or vendor in any way.. I just try to steer people to good things, as I have done here for the last 11 years.
Bill aka ET
Old 01-22-2013, 03:01 AM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Thank you Bill for your research and kind words!
We appreciate it!

Christian
Old 01-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I put these on in under 20 minutes and didn't follow the instructions.. its three 10mm bolts and an easy fit. Now my front end looks new just like the rest of my car. If I had to put them on again, I could do it in under ten minutes. Simple and very effective.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 PM
D-Day
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump! Gonna order these.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Why wait till you scrape?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:17 PM
The Big Guy
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Bot UM Put em ON. They are what they say they are. C5

The Big Guy !
Old 03-09-2013, 08:20 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Thanks Big Guy!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:45 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Just ordered them.

One question, I ordered then then went to the shopping cart. I then pressed continue shopping to look around a bit more and couldn't figure out how to get back to the shopping cart because I couldn't find a link to it. Did I miss it somewhere?

I ended up putting a second order in the cart and deleting it to return to the shopping cart.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:51 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Just ordered them.

One question, I ordered then then went to the shopping cart. I then pressed continue shopping to look around a bit more and couldn't figure out how to get back to the shopping cart because I couldn't find a link to it. Did I miss it somewhere?

I ended up putting a second order in the cart and deleting it to return to the shopping cart.
Thank you for your Business vettenuts, we appreciate it!
I will look into whats going on with the shopping cart. Thanks for pointing that out.

Christian
Old 05-14-2013, 08:51 PM
denis.drc
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Added to want list. We'll be talking soon!

Get notified of new replies

To Don't wait till you scrape! Check this out!

Old 05-16-2013, 12:01 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by denis.drc
Added to want list. We'll be talking soon!
denis!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:05 PM
denis.drc
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed these last weekend. Very nice fit and super easy install.

GREAT PR0DUCT!

PS. Thanks for making time to meet me.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:01 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Thank you Denis for your business, we really appreciate it!

Last edited by SacCityCorvette; 07-31-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Don't wait till you scrape! Check this out!