C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall valve covers install

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:56 PM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Default Tall valve covers install

Has anyone found a way to mount tall valve covers and fix the interference with the alternator? Any other fixes besides grinding the alternator case and bracket or cutting and welding a notch in the valve cover? Anyone find a smaller alternator compatible with the LS1 or different bracket etc.? I have a pair of tall polished covers but will have to forgo their use unless I can a way around the alternator issue. Thanks in advance. (Searching provided answers limited to the grinding and welding options so looking for any new ideas.)
Old 01-13-2013, 12:33 AM
Lothar34
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have spacers on mine and the alternator was not in the way of the valve cover, but it did hit the coil bracket. I got a coil bracket off a truck and it fit because the shape was a little different.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I run GMPP Bowtie valve covers. They are taller than the stockers but there is no interference with anything.

These have been cosmetically modded a little bit.

Get notified of new replies

To Tall valve covers install

Quick Reply: Tall valve covers install