C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced trans and put linkage on unside down

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 PM
hiperf454
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replaced trans and put linkage on unside down

I changed the clutch on my 03Z replaced the trans with an MN6 that was built. Rebuilt the torque tube with new couplings from RPM. New bearings. All new seals in the rear end. new Axles. I broke an ear off the shift linkage. I got another then disaster struck. I come down with the flu and was hospitalized. The car sit for a month. I believe I put the shift rod in upside dowh. I got an inspection camera today and tried to tell but I really could not tell. I went to the dealer and got a print off of the torque tube with the shift linkage going through. The only reason I even though of it was the shifter bolt brass piece was upside down. I guess I will drop the mid pipe and the center panel to look at it and if its not right tear it all apart. Does anyone have a picture of the torque tube going through the torque tube? I have a shop and have put a clutch in this before. However never changed the trans. Any help would be great. I love doing things twice.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:16 AM
hiperf454
Racer

Guys,
I really need some help here. I just finish putting this together and I cant find a picture of the shift linkage coming out of the torque tube. I still have pneumonia and I really dont want to take this all apart again. Should I just put the shifter in and try and run it through the gears?
Thanks
Kelly
Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 PM
hiperf454
Racer

Thanks for the help. I fixed it in under an hour with a tool I built.

Get notified of new replies

To Replaced trans and put linkage on unside down

Quick Reply: Replaced trans and put linkage on unside down