C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 different "Clicking" Noises

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM
dmad1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 different "Clicking" Noises

Bought a '13 two months ago. Auto tranny. Been getting two different type of clicking noises at different times. First, let me say that it is not the battery. One of the noises comes sometimes when I start it up. I get a clicking noise that sounds like I have a turn signal on. Sometimes it will last for only a few clicks and at other times it may do it for 10 seconds or so. It actually sounds like a flasher on the turn signals, but the lever is in the neutral position. Can't duplicate it. Dealer says he can't either and has not seen a service bulletin on anything like it.
The other one is when I have it in Park, without starting the engine, and step on the brake. It sounds like it is being transmitted through the shift lever. It will only click once when I step on the brake, but every time I step on the brake, it will click once. I can make it do it each time I step on it. When I start the engine, it will not do it. It will also do it if I put it in the accessory mode on the switch. I have not had it back to the dealer on the last issue. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

Post in the C6 section. You may get more help.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:53 PM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 327 Likes on 95 Posts

The clicking when you step on the brake and can feel it in the shifter and is shift lock control solenoid. It allows the shifter to move to reverse from park when you step on the brake, it's a safety feature. The other click noise I don't know. Try playing with the flasher switch and see if things change.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:32 PM
dmad1
Intermediate

Thanks KM. My bad. I thought I was in the C6 tech section. Will redo.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:34 PM
dmad1
Intermediate

N8 - Thanks to you also. That sounds like what I am hearing when I press the brake.

Get notified of new replies

To 2 different "Clicking" Noises

Quick Reply: 2 different "Clicking" Noises