For those of you who went back together OEM on the Harmonic Balancer R&R, what combination of tools did you use to torque the bolt.
I have the balancer installed to correct depth. I have torqued the old bolt to 240 ft/lbs. I have removed the old bolt and reinstalled a new OEM bolt and have torqued it to 37 ft/lbs. this is all per the service manuals.
However, I'm unable to get the new bolt torqued to yield at 140 degrees. I have an angle meter and I'm to about 80 degrees, but can't get a stiff enough setup to get that last 60 degrees.
Disregard, I finally got it. I had a 1/2 inch breaker that was longer than my 3/4 inch breaker. The 1/2 inch was flexing too much. Used 3/4 inch plus the handle from my jack to turn it the extra 60 degrees.
I'm old and my shoulders can't handle that kind of torque.