C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VMax CNC ported Throttle Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default VMax CNC ported Throttle Bodies

LS1, LS6, LS2, LS3, LSA 87mm, etc. $150 plus refunable core charge. Cannot be a hand ported core, must be a good untouched core.

For most GM applications:

Color matched for $50 additional to match your car:

And the Velocity ring for those using the 102 FAST and a 90mm TB:

Power, and off idle throttle response for a bargain price.

Call direct or visit our webstore:
941-721-1826
www.RevXtreme.com
Old 02-26-2013, 04:57 PM
DooDooBear1999
Pro

Turn around time?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:59 PM
DooDooBear1999
Pro

Nevermind. Just saw the 7 day return after receipt.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Re: CNC ported throttle body... .

It is not just flow that makes power, you need velocity as well. You can bolt on a 55 gallon drum and get flow beyond anything....but it is how clean that flow is and thats the key to the textured porting and variable pattern.

I will let the testing show, but read this article to understand more:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...g/viewall.html

----------

This article quotes several of the industries most talented....now most of this is on cylinder heads, but the same principals apply to flow anywhere on the inlet side of an engine.

If your hand ported is highly polished in the bore then that will cause enough disturbance that all things equal in the blade size, the textured TB will make more power.

Darin Morgan is who I trained under:

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/te...n/viewall.html

Have been doing this for over 38 years and before modern technology showed we were wasting time and COSTING power, we polished all ports after porting. Read this...Rottler recently applied for a patent and this is used in all types of porting, except we still polish the exhaust ports to prevent carbon buildup:

So much misinformation and misunderstanding on flow & velocity....you can have all the flow you want, but if its disturbed and velocity is lost, so is power.

Summed up pretty good in this paragraph:

CFM and Velocity

Darin Morgan: "Make no mistake, velocity is the primary variable in the design of the entire induction system. I often say that my job title should be Velocity Manager instead of Cylinder Head Designer. Air speed is 10 times more important than raw flow numbers. If you kill the velocity by 10 percent, you will kill almost 40 percent of the wave and ram energy that dynamically fills the cylinder! Raw airflow cfm is an important variable as well; it's just not as important. If you buy a cylinder head that is properly sized for a flow of 400 cfm and your engine is only asking for 350 cfm, you will not only fail to achieve the power potential that the 400 cfm would have given you, you will also fail to reach the power that the 350 cfm would have given you. That's because you killed all the air speed in the induction system. If your engine is asking for 350 cfm and you give it a properly sized cylinder head flowing 350 cfm, your airflow demand is matched and your air speed is matched. You then have a chance of achieving the power potential that 350 cfm can give you.

Last edited by Rev Xtreme; 03-25-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

I fixed the rottler link:

Old 03-25-2013, 07:56 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

I may have missed something, but is this the same TBs that ColoradoSpeed was offering?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:02 PM
sircampsalot2
Pro

Is this really worth the money? What can i expect in difference on horsepower? just wondering because i have a stock TB on my stock engine and am looking for bolt on upgrades that i can change myself. also do you have to have your car tuned by a mechanic after installing one of these?
thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by oh1vette
I may have missed something, but is this the same TBs that ColoradoSpeed was offering?
Yes, they are a dealer for us.

Originally Posted by sircampsalot2
Is this really worth the money? What can i expect in difference on horsepower? just wondering because i have a stock TB on my stock engine and am looking for bolt on upgrades that i can change myself. also do you have to have your car tuned by a mechanic after installing one of these?
thanks
No need for a tune, but as with any change in airflow a tune would optimize the mod.

RWHP gains on the LS2 & LS3 vette are from 8-14 rwhp and similar tq, but the real improvement is off idle throttle response.

Well worth the $150 and if your not happy we will buy it back.

Old 04-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Asterios Anagnostou
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello Rev X,

Just curious about my 01 ls1 vette. Should I also do something with my stock MAF? I have removed the screen to allow a bit more air through, but what about it's finish and size? Will the MAF make the throttle body much less effective?

Also, Is there a way I can buy your TB and send you my TB once I install yours? My TB is stock and has never been removed or altered. Your turn around time is very reasonable, but I'd like to have the care ready to go same day.

Thanks in advance,

Astro
Originally Posted by Rev Xtreme
Yes, they are a dealer for us.

No need for a tune, but as with any change in airflow a tune would optimize the mod.

RWHP gains on the LS2 & LS3 vette are from 8-14 rwhp and similar tq, but the real improvement is off idle throttle response.

Well worth the $150 and if your not happy we will buy it back.

Get notified of new replies

To VMax CNC ported Throttle Bodies

Quick Reply: VMax CNC ported Throttle Bodies