C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

key or ignition switch

Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 PM
jerryvsj68
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default key or ignition switch

having trouble with my 02 vette i turn it on and drive it for a while and when i turn it off i have trouble turning it on again it takes awhile to turn back on at first i thought it was the key itself so i got the key checked at a locksmith there was nothing bad about it and locksmith told me that it had to be the ignition switch can anyone help
Old 04-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

IMHO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Find a NEW Lock Smith! The IGNITION SWITCH and the lock cylinder are TWO different parts. Both can wear out but,, it sounds like you have a LOCK CYLINDER issue.

The LOCK CYLINDER can be removed fron the IGNITION SWITCH electrical part and easily serviced / repaired.

The TUMBLERS and cylinder can wear and cause key issues.

Bill
Old 04-18-2013, 07:58 PM
jerryvsj68
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first start of the day turns on great once i drve it for a while then turn it off sometimes it wont start meaning the key turn and the gaudes move, the security light comes on steady and turns off, but it doesnt crank the engine i wait for about 5 minutes or so and then give it another turn and it cranks and i see no codes on the dash why would it be the solenoid you think it gets hot and malfuntions need all the feed back i can get i was taking it to the dealership but you guys know that its around 150.00 an hour

Last edited by jerryvsj68; 04-18-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To key or ignition switch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: key or ignition switch