Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C5 Tech
Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace Sponsored by
Karl Chevrolet

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 04-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
danieloneil01
CF Senior Member

pipelinoperator
Default Wires on passenger side for gauge power (pic)

Does this look like it's been messed with since there's a green wire coming off them? It has a green wire coming off what I believe is the 3 wires I'm looking for to tap into the yellow wire for acc power. Also, can I use the yellow wire that is tapped off? I would just stick a meter up to it but my car is apart and the battery must stay disconnected.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by danieloneil01; 04-24-2013 at 09:40 AM.
danieloneil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
8VETTE7
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Does this look like it's been messed with since there's a green wire coming off them? It has a green wire coming off what I believe is the 3 wires I'm looking for to tap into the yellow wire for acc power. Also, can I use the yellow wire that is tapped off? I would just stick a meter up to it but my car is apart and the battery must stay disconnected.

Click the image to open in full size.
What year car do you have??? Your profile says a 2008.

If that is correct ou should be askig this question in the C6 Forum and not the C5 Forum.

If you have a pre 2004 C5 then there are 3 wires provided from the factory for use with aftermarket components. They would be a yellow, an orange and a black. They come from the factory blunt cut with the ends taped over. Black is a ground and the yellow and orange are +12 volts. One is switched by the ignition switch and the other is always hot. Don't remember which is which and don't have access to my shop manuals today to check. For 2004 GM did away with that bundle of wires in the C5.
8VETTE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
danieloneil01
CF Senior Member

pipelinoperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8VETTE7 View Post
What year car do you have??? Your profile says a 2008.

If that is correct ou should be askig this question in the C6 Forum and not the C5 Forum.

If you have a pre 2004 C5 then there are 3 wires provided from the factory for use with aftermarket components. They would be a yellow, an orange and a black. They come from the factory blunt cut with the ends taped over. Black is a ground and the yellow and orange are +12 volts. One is switched by the ignition switch and the other is always hot. Don't remember which is which and don't have access to my shop manuals today to check. For 2004 GM did away with that bundle of wires in the C5.
03 Z

Thanks and the yellow wire is the one that is acc powered.
danieloneil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Tech
Reload this Page Wires on passenger side for gauge power (pic)