C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video: OEM Rocker Arm Bearings Compared to Sealed Type

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 07:43 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Video: OEM Rocker Arm Bearings Compared to Sealed Type

In case anyone is wondering why to upgrade their rocker arms bearings and trunions or just wondering what they look like, here a quick video I took last night. This is an LS3 stock rocker bearing compared to a Comp Cams upgrade kit. Next I'll take a video on how to use Summit Racing's rocker arm tool which I believe is the best tool to do this job with. A mechanically inclined person can do all 16 rockers in an hour with this tool. Hope this helps. -Nate

Old 04-30-2013, 08:55 PM
1BADAZ50TH
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did this trunion upgrade 6 months ago. Great video and very good advice for cheap insurance.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

I did this "upgrade" a couple of years ago....I didn't have any fancy tools, just used a couple of 5/8" ID flat washers, to give the old bearings a place to push into, as you press them out of the rockers, using a small OD socket as a "pushing tool". My only "high tech" tool was a small arbor press, which made the job VERY easy.....

Get notified of new replies

To Video: OEM Rocker Arm Bearings Compared to Sealed Type

Quick Reply: Video: OEM Rocker Arm Bearings Compared to Sealed Type