C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS - No Comm with other codes

Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 PM
F8LWS6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TCS - No Comm with other codes

I've got a 2002 Z06 and unfortunately some water had collected into the EBCM and caused it to short out causing some heavy burn damage to the wiring harness as well. I replaced the harness with one off 2003 convertible and rewired everything as it was in the Z06. I also replaced the EBCM with a used one I believe came from a 2004. They had the same codes stamped on the sticker.

Also this has a brand new PCM installed. The car is in the garage and i'm unable to do a crank learn on it yet.

So the TCS and ABS light are illuminated and I was able to pull these codes through the DIC. It's a but much but only a few of the codes are actually marked current. Not sure if the history codes are a big deal.

PCM
P1336 HC
P1571 HC
TCS
No Comm
BCM
U1255 H
U1096 H
SDM
U1000 H
U1016 H
U1040 HC
U1096 H
U1064 H
LDCM
B2282 H
B2284 H
U1255 H
U1064 H
U1016 H
U1096 H
RDCM
B2283 H
B2285 H
U1255 H
U1064 H
U1016 H
U1096 H
SCM
U1300 H
U1255 H
U1064 H
RFA
U1000 H
U1255 H
U1064 H
U1096 H
U1016 H

I'm honestly not sure where to start. I'll be diving into this tomorrow. I was thinking of checking grounds and fuses. Could anyone link me to the ground locations and wires for each? I got the car with no drivetrain so I did the best I could. Also which fuses are for the EBCM? Since it literally had gone up in smoke maybe a fuse is out.

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Old 05-08-2013, 08:06 AM
F8LWS6
Advanced

Is the relearn process the key on for 10 minutes then off and repeat? I've done that part already and the car does run fine at this point. Sorry for leaving that out. It's just the crank sensor to cam sensor relearn part I can't do since it has to run too long to get that part done.

I will clear all the module codes today after I get out of work and see what comes back. There were many wires that did not get burned and looked alright so I just swapped them into the new connector. The burned wires I cut out, soldered the new ones, and wrapped. I had the ABS/TCS Class 2 Serial Data wire installed 1 spot over from where it was supposed to be and it caused some strange problems with the gauge cluster but when I moved it to the right one those went away.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:52 PM
F8LWS6
Advanced

Well I didn't get to fiddle with much but this is what i've got. I checked the maxi Fuse and the smaller #5 fuse and of course both are good. So I went ahead and cleared every single modules codes to see what would come back. Most of the codes stayed away it seems. I let the car run for a while and kept turning it on and off to check for any new codes but these are the ones that stuck.

PCM
P0106 C
P1336 HC
P1571 HC
TCS
No Comm
BCM
No Codes
SDM
U1040 HC
U1096 HC
IPC
No Codes
Radio
No codes
HVAC
No Codes
LDCM
No Codes
RDCM
No Codes
SCM
No Codes
RFA
No Codes

Other things :
When I turn the key towards on the EBCM will pulse/click 4 times. This will happen every time. It will also happen if there is a power drain (Window all the way up or down and hit button).

Also forgot to mention battery is brand new. Any ideas on where I should be checking? I can tell figuring this out will be fun.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:46 AM
F8LWS6
Advanced

Yes unfortunately all fuses are good. I think i'll take apart the wiring again and make sure it's all done properly. Though I assume the Serial Data wire is correct since when it was in the wrong slot it actually messed up the gauge cluster. When I moved it to the correct spot it went back to normal.

The P0106 is due to the huge cam I installed in the motor before putting it in so that one I understand. The P1336 is because the new computer needs to relearn the Crank to Cam sensor and that process has to be done with HPTuners or Tech II. I have HPTuners but the process will kill me in the garage haha.

So I guess i'm going to check this wiring harness again and make sure I didn't screw up some wires.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:34 AM
F8LWS6
Advanced

It's untuned right now. Sorry I didn't think it would have much to do with the TCS no comm. My main concern is a paid 400 bucks for this EBCM and I want to make sure it actually even works with the car before Fparts tells me too bad on returning it. I thought the EBCM had to have the same initials stamped on it but they told me all 2001 - 2004 EBCM are the same but I didn't really think so. This No Comm thing is concerning me that either they were wrong or it is a bad EBCM. I doubt it is bad though as it looks honestly brand new.

I did pull codes engine running and after shutting off and those ones were the ones that stuck on both ends.

Thank you for the replies I really appreciate any help I can get with this. It's so annoying.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:20 PM
F8LWS6
Advanced

I've checked everything and getting nowhere. I'm really starting to think the 03-04 EBCM does not interchange with the 02 at all.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 PM
F8LWS6
Advanced

I did check and honestly no one had a clear answer. I even just went thru 2 threads of 2 different people attempting to find out the same exact thing with no clear answer. Aside from a difference in price and part numbers the wiring is exactly the same. Also it has been said if the same codes are listed then it should be the same (This one does have exact same codes on sticker). People also said that they have swapped them around and it worked. Others said no way. Very confusing!!!!!!!!!!!

12216561 Is a 2002 EBCM.
10343433 Is a 2003 EBCM and it's the same for a 2004.

Thank you again for the help. I really appreciate it. Maybe i'll try to source a 2002 EBCM and see how that goes next.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:06 PM
F8LWS6
Advanced

Well I got the right one in and same thing!!! Damn this thing.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:36 PM
BigGun
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts

Did You check and see if you had power to module after you did the rewiring? That would be a starting point.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:31 PM
F8LWS6
Advanced

I'm going to recheck. I assumed it was getting powered because it does some loud clicking when I first key the car on. Something has to be missing. I have rechecked all my wiring a few times and they all seem to be in the right places. I soldered every connection. So frustrating!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:09 AM
F8LWS6
Advanced

Son of a....

Just found this broken wire. Now this looks like its probably a ground wire. Any clues where this might go? It heads up the harness to the EBCM so this is probably my problem here. It is located right under the underhood fuse box. If it is a ground I can probably hook it right to the post under the battery tray.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 PM
LV2XLR8Z06
Navigator

Did that ground wire fix your P1571 and U1040 codes?

I am having a problem with my 2002 Z06 as well. I have replaced the EBCM multiple times and it still won't work. I had multiple people look at the car and nobody seem to be able to figure it out. I checked ground modules and they all look very clean with no corrosion. I reset the fuses under the passenger dash.....nothing.....
Old 07-03-2013, 10:12 PM
F8LWS6
Advanced

Forgot to update this....... Yes that one single wire caused every single one of those errors. Following that wire, it goes back to the EBCM. I ended up repairing it with a new end that I could hook to the ground location below the battery tray. After hooking it up I cleared all the codes via the dashboard diagnostics and 200 miles later nothing at all has come back.

This was the most annoying problem i've ever dealt with. I had an EBCM from an 03, 04, and now an 01 Z06 in it and none of them fixed it. I pulled and double checked every single fuse in the car at least twice. Both inside and out and all was fine. I assumed that since the EBCM was making noise and I was able to operate it with a Snap On Solus Pro scanner that all the wiring was fine but I certainly was wrong!

Get notified of new replies

To TCS - No Comm with other codes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TCS - No Comm with other codes