C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel hop then ABS light traction control light on DIC

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 06:35 AM
nassau-hardtop
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel hop then ABS light traction control light on DIC

I came around a corner in 1st gear, stuffed the throttle and it began to spin the tires but went into a tremendous wheel hop. Before i could get out of it the service abs light, traction control light and i think the check engine light illuminated on the DIC. has anyone else experienced this? could there be a rear suspension problem causing the wheel hop? any thoughts from the forum :confused:
Old 06-25-2002, 07:37 AM
Smoke-N-Shot
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Re: Wheel hop then ABS light traction control light on DIC (nassau-hardtop)

If the active handling kicks in along with the traction control, you will get an alert from the DIC informing you so. IMHO, I doubt if you have any issue with your suspension just because you may have experienced wheel hop... Very common under certain conditions!
Old 06-26-2002, 04:02 AM
nassau-hardtop
Advanced

Default Re: Wheel hop then ABS light traction control light on DIC (Smoke-N-Shot)

hey nick-the one thing i didn't mention is the t/c was off!
Old 07-03-2002, 01:15 AM
Ketch2631
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Wheel hop then ABS light traction control light on DIC (nassau-hardtop)

When I mash the pedal on my A4 it will jump down to first or second and if its on a bad road the back end jumps around and my ABS light come on the DIC as well as traction control. If I use the brakes over some rough road I also notice my ABS lights up. I believe its the combination of the rear suspension and the EMT with the inflexible sidewalls that make it skip and bounce. It's gotta look wierd to the driver behind me!
Old 07-03-2002, 09:26 AM
Smoke-N-Shot
Race Director

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

hey nick-the one thing i didn't mention is the t/c was off!
That is a new one on me for I have never seen anything like that happen when turning it off and getting warning lights... Maybe a chevy tech can chime in here...

Nick

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel hop then ABS light traction control light on DIC

Quick Reply: Wheel hop then ABS light traction control light on DIC