C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Ssbarbr
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help please!!

Started my vette today and the check engine light came on. Took it to o'reilly and they scanned it and said it was something in the left bank and reset it. I drove it around for a half hour or so and went to park it and the horn started blaring. So I turned it off and it wouldn't restart. Engine wouldn't turn over but all electronics where fine. I came inside called the auto part store and told them what happened and then came back out and it fired right up. Drive it back to the auto part store and had the battery checked. It's fine. So drove it back to the house and pulled it in the garage and the check engine light came back on. Runs perfectly. Help please I'm frustrated.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:05 PM
crainholio
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll need to get the error code # and post it here in order for us to be any help. "Something in the left bank" and the fact that it runs OK suggests the oxygen sensor but it could be a number of other things.

Error code number should start with the letter P and have 4 digits.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Tuscany
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

To retrieve codes: http://www.c5forum.com/ayc/dtcdic.php
Old 06-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Ssbarbr
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you. I'll get the codes and post them. Thanks everyone for your responses.
Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
As already suggested you need to get and post the codes from the car here. Include the H or C or HC that follow each code:

http://www.c5forum.com/ayc/dtcdic.php

OR

Get notified of new replies

To Help please!!

Quick Reply: Help please!!