C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights turn on after 30 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 04:22 PM
ls1k5
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headlights turn on after 30 seconds

I have been having issues with my headlights not popping up or coming on immediately after turning on the switch. When this happens I can turn on the fog lights and get the high beams to come on using the flash to pass part of the switch(pulling back on the lever)but the headlights stay down. If I ground pin A6(ALC HDLP Relay Control)of C1 on the BCM(body control module)the headlights work normally. I found the headlights off input to the BCM and it is working correctly but I can't find a headlights on input to the BCM so how does it know to ground A6? Serial Communication? Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 06-24-2013, 12:35 PM
ls1k5
Advanced

I think the problem is the headlight switch after reading some posts and looking at the pertinent wiring diagrams. The AC Delco D1512G switch gets my vote and I'm going to replace the hazard switch at the same time ACDelco 10359036 both from amazon $152.10 shipped. My turn signals don't work occasionally and I have to press the hazard switch to get them working again.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:32 PM
ls1k5
Advanced

I replaced the headlight switch and the hazard switch last friday and now everything works great. I'm getting really good at pulling the dashboard after the problems I had with the passenger blend door motor and the hazard switch.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Should of rebuilt yours. It's just the contacts that wear out. There is a how to on this forum saved me from buying new.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...f-replace.html
Old 07-09-2013, 01:28 PM
ls1k5
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Should of rebuilt yours. It's just the contacts that wear out. There is a how to on this forum saved me from buying new.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...f-replace.html
Great how-to post but I didn't feel like taking the switch apart and possibly having a problem with it again, now I have a spare in case it happens again.

Get notified of new replies

To Headlights turn on after 30 seconds

Quick Reply: Headlights turn on after 30 seconds