Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C5 Tech
Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace Sponsored by
Karl Chevrolet

Old 07-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #1
PhysicsDude55
CF Senior Member

Default Weird Clutch Noise

I had a clutch and flywheel (and engine, turbo, trans, diff, etc. etc.) put in the car about 1000 miles ago. The guy who did the install did a pretty crappy job.

Its a Spec 3+ clutch. All in all its not too bad, very grabby and heavy, but perfectly streetable. I bought the clutch and flywheel used, they had about 2000 miles, and looked perfectly clean when off the car.

I just noticed a weird noise and pedal feel coming from it. When I pull into my driveway (fairly steep incline) and have to give it a lot of gas a do some maneuvering at low speeds and fairly high rpm to keep the car from sliding backwards.

The sound sounds like a ratchet being twisted very quickly, and I can feel the "ticks" in the clutch pedal. It does not sound like or feel like clutch chatter. It doesn't make the noise anywhere else, only while pulling into the driveway.

Just want to make sure I'm not inadvertently ruining something, or if this might be normal.
PhysicsDude55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:51 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Tech
Reload this Page Weird Clutch Noise