C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Question 2000 Auto

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:14 PM
croosh
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question 2000 Auto

Hi I have a 2000 auto and Ive noticed some days the car is responsive, quick and fast ... Then other days slow response ,and sluggish ... Anyone ever have this problem? I tried to see if it was on cold days or hot ones if it changes the performance, but I live in Orlando and its always hot most of the time and it didn't seem to make a difference...Its just not consistent ,I was wondering clogged injectors? Just what I need to look at... idk ...Thanks for your time Guys!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 556 Likes on 263 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by croosh
Hi I have a 2000 auto and Ive noticed some days the car is responsive, quick and fast ... Then other days slow response ,and sluggish ... Anyone ever have this problem? I tried to see if it was on cold days or hot ones if it changes the performance, but I live in Orlando and its always hot most of the time and it didn't seem to make a difference...Its just not consistent ,I was wondering clogged injectors? Just what I need to look at... idk ...Thanks for your time Guys!
Pull the codes and post them; let's see if your ride has any codes that may impact performance.
Kevin
Old 07-24-2013, 10:00 PM
croosh
4th Gear

ok will do
Old 07-25-2013, 05:00 PM
calinator
Instructor

I bought a CAI on a whim hoping it would be a good purchase(Vararam) and it really helped. It will make the car a lot more responsive and less sluggish. Also realize if the temp goes past 215-220(230+ is completely normal but reduces power dramatically) it will reduce power a lot. So sit and go is bad it likes to be constantly moving.

Air temp seems to make hardly any difference, it's mostly car temp. Sorry if my post is completely unhelpful. lol

Get notified of new replies

To Quick Question 2000 Auto

Quick Reply: Quick Question 2000 Auto