C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick clutch master cylinder/what a product!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 09:11 AM
blackula 99
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tick clutch master cylinder/what a product!

Originally had replaced my leaking stock clutch master cylinder with a oem one. Was never really happy with unit though,it was a very slow process bleeding this cylinder,plus there were occasional problems with pedal leakdown during a few runs out at the track.

Frustrated,I decided to try the Tick product. Installation was reasonable.
What really impressed me was how easy it was to bench bleed as well as conventionally bleed.I basically bench bled the unit according to instructions they supplied, then bled it at the slave cylinder. After to bleeds at the slave cylinder I had a very solid,short pedal. I put my Mityvac to the test to remove any air bubbles which were very minimal at best.

Had to adjust the rod out a few turns to get it to engage clutch just right{lengthen}
Tested the system with clutch pedal in,high rpm throttle to check clutch disengage,no creeping in gear...Clutch pedal is roughly 1.5 inches lower than brake pedal,roughly even with dead pedal.everything went flawlessly.

Tick Performance,my hat is off to you!.....awesome product,keep it up!
I have yet to bring it back up to the track...can't wait
The following users liked this post:
VFR RC46 (12-28-2018)
Old 08-05-2013, 09:46 AM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

blackula 99, I agree 100%.

I get tired of a Very Few member's chiming in every time the mention of a Tick adjustable clutch master cylinder.... on how hard it is to push the clutch pedal in, after the Tick install
Get an automatic!

Last edited by bumble-z; 08-05-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:07 AM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by bumble-z
I agree 100%.

I get tired of a Very Few member's chiming in every time the mention of a Tick adjustable clutch master cylinder.... on how hard it is to push the clutch pedal in, after the Tick install
Get an automatic!
Very satisfied with mine as well. The moderate increase in pedal pressure is more than worth it and besides, I don't even notice it anymore. Muscle-memory is a wonderful thing.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Ohyoufan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I LOVE my Tick Master Cylinder. While it would make the pedal too stiff for most people on this forum, I love the feel it gave me and shifting feels more positive.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I recently installed one in my car as well and so far I really like it... I like the stiffer pedal personally... the clutch is still slippable but it engages much faster so it will just take some getting used to as far as launching... I haven't been to the track yet but at least I know I will finally be able to find 3rd gear lol
Old 08-06-2013, 08:40 PM
0tom01ss
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tick in both my vettes and monster level 5 no issues
Old 08-06-2013, 08:45 PM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My pedal after the tick also sits a little lower than the brake, so that's completely normal.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:18 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by onspeed
My pedal after the tick also sits a little lower than the brake, so that's completely normal.
yep, it should sit about 1.5"-2" below the brake pedal and really shouldn't have much freeplay in the pedal at all when properly adjusted... if you back the pedal out too much to where it is even with the brake pedal is when you can do damage to the pressure plate and at that point it will have quite a bit of freeplay in it as well... this is assuming you have a stock clutch as every one will be different as far as pedal height goes
Old 08-06-2013, 09:19 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

TICK Master here as well. Solved all my high RPM shift issues. Install was fun. NOT!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:38 AM
GREG O.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default TICK remote bleeder

I bought the $50 Tick remote bleeder for my CTSV..WE put in a new oem LS7 clutch, stock LS7 slave and, correct pilot bearing....easy to bleed from engine bay..3 days ago we got all the gears but reverse, so we bled it again a few different ways ...now no gears wihile running,but with key off gears mesh great.VERY DISAPPOINTED.
Will call Tick today....any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
sorry for a hijack...but need the damn thing to bleed..btw: No fluid leaks anywhere

Get notified of new replies

To Tick clutch master cylinder/what a product!

Quick Reply: Tick clutch master cylinder/what a product!