C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight upgrade on '99

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:04 PM
winston94
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight upgrade on '99

New to the forum. Just wondering what people's opinion are on the radioflyer bixenon headlights. I want to upgrade the headlights and keep the flip-up style. Any thoughts of what other products might be good. I also see Starr has what looks to be the same... except for the dual low/high beam. Just wanted some opinions or push in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:38 PM
tycksena
Instructor

I've been debating doing a upgrade on my '99 headlights they just aren't bright enough. Winston let me know what you end up doing and I might do the same if it works out for you. Is the reason you're upgrading due to faint lights or just for looks?

Also any other forum members have recommendations for the headlights?

I once watched a Youtube video about modifying a 9006 (high beam) to fit in the 9005 (low beam) slot. It requires a dremel and some modifications so I haven't quite decided to give that a try but if someone has tried it I'd love to hear how it went.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

You can not go wrong by buying lights from radioflyer.
I bought mine from JW, another you can not go wrong vendor. They are HID low beam with a regular halogen high beam. I bought 55watt, 5000K HIDs with the harness that lets all 4 lights stay on when you go to high beams. The cost was about $ 350.00. Radioflyer also sells a similar setup for a similar cost. The lights throw out a tremendous amount of white light. Here are a couple of night pictures.
Low beams.

High beams.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:02 AM
FadeAYepez
Instructor

Those lights are super bright! Your speedo looks sick too! Can you post a picture of the headlights you are using?
Old 08-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Kmcoldcars
Melting Slicks

Received 285 Likes on 134 Posts

This is for JWs website.
http://shop.jwmotoring.com/product.s...categoryId=331
Old 08-08-2013, 10:26 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Our Bi-xenon are the only plug-and-play bolt-on Bi-xenon kit available for the C5. They include a 70w HID kit of your color choice and can be installed with a common household tools.

It's hard to fathom the difference in light output until you see it in person, but these before-and-after photos are a good Idea:

Before: (hard to believe these are legal)

After: (you can actually SEE THE ROAD)

You'll also be hard pressed to find a better looking setup:

Get notified of new replies

To headlight upgrade on '99

Quick Reply: headlight upgrade on '99