C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window valet + aftermarket radio and rap issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 PM
ace147
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window valet + aftermarket radio and rap issue

Just posting in case anyone else has a similar issue. Installed an aftermarket radio and wanted to keep rap and my window valet. Tried metra xsvi-2004 and later a gmrap. The issue i found was the rap worked fine except the radio would powerup again AFTER key off and door open. Both the gmrap and metra had the same issue. Gmrap would power on immediately and metra waited about 30 seconds. Here's the solution window valet must be configured to NOT use rap with triple button press (window down). Otherwise, window valet sends something over the data bus after key off doors open that activates the radio. Works fine with that feature disabled. I really liked that feature too
Old 01-29-2015, 07:11 PM
sam-garcia
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Explain...

Originally Posted by ace147
Just posting in case anyone else has a similar issue. Installed an aftermarket radio and wanted to keep rap and my window valet. Tried metra xsvi-2004 and later a gmrap. The issue i found was the rap worked fine except the radio would powerup again AFTER key off and door open. Both the gmrap and metra had the same issue. Gmrap would power on immediately and metra waited about 30 seconds. Here's the solution window valet must be configured to NOT use rap with triple button press (window down). Otherwise, window valet sends something over the data bus after key off doors open that activates the radio. Works fine with that feature disabled. I really liked that feature too
I am confused. I just bought the window valet and I have an aftermarket stereo installed. Are you saying that it is not possible to program it so that upon pressing unlock 3 times the radio comes on?

Quick Reply: Window valet + aftermarket radio and rap issue