C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Service Vehicle Soon" on DIC, but no codes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Neckhole
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Service Vehicle Soon" on DIC, but no codes?

Hey guys, I've had an intermittent issue going on for awhile now.

When I start the car in the morning, I get a "Service Vehicle Soon" message across the DIC. But when I go to pull the codes either by via the DIC or an OBD2 scan tool, there's no codes at all registered.

I've tried both killing the car and checking the codes exactly as described in the link above, or just by trying to display the codes while the car is still running. Both come out basically the same, there's no codes in there for me to see.

The message is intermittent, I won't usually get the message in the evening when I leave work. And I don't necessarily get it every morning, but I get it more often than I don't.

I've had it to the shop once for this (and other problems) and all they said was that it was probably because I was due for some maintenance and to let them know when/if it came back. I was a bit frustrated by their answer and haven't been back in touch with them.

Before I do anything, I thought I'd check with some experts and try and figure out what my best next step is.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:58 PM
coia96vette
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

When was the last time you put gas in it. Check your gas cap to make sure that it is tight and sealing properly. Had to replace mine once on my 04 for the same reason.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Check your OIL LIFE REMAINING

Old 10-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Neckhole
Intermediate

Originally Posted by coia96vette
When was the last time you put gas in it. Check your gas cap to make sure that it is tight and sealing properly. Had to replace mine once on my 04 for the same reason.
Probably within the last week or so, it's my daily driver. Gas cap is an interesting possibility, I may have to check that out. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Neckhole
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Toque
Check your OIL LIFE REMAINING
The last time I had it at the shop I also had them change the oil. They didn't reset the Oil Life Remaining, so I did it myself the next day.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:17 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Neckhole
The last time I had it at the shop I also had them change the oil. They didn't reset the Oil Life Remaining, so I did it myself the next day.
You did not say if that resolved your issue.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Neckhole
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dadaroo
You did not say if that resolved your issue.
No, resetting the oil life percentage did not resolve the issue.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:55 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Do you have a tune? In HPTuners it's possible to leave the SES message enabled even with the code set to "no error reported" so the check engine light stays off and the code isn't stored. I'm not sure what happens in these cases since I've never tried it but that might be causing what you're seeing.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Neckhole
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
Do you have a tune? In HPTuners it's possible to leave the SES message enabled even with the code set to "no error reported" so the check engine light stays off and the code isn't stored. I'm not sure what happens in these cases since I've never tried it but that might be causing what you're seeing.
Interesting, I did take it to LG Motorsports earlier this year for some new parts and a tune, I wonder if my "issue" is related.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Neckhole
Interesting, I did take it to LG Motorsports earlier this year for some new parts and a tune, I wonder if my "issue" is related.
Call Anthony at LG's. He will be able to help you for sure.

Toque

Get notified of new replies

To "Service Vehicle Soon" on DIC, but no codes?

Quick Reply: "Service Vehicle Soon" on DIC, but no codes?