C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone installed the ACDelco Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 01:51 AM
C54U2NV
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone installed the ACDelco Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads?

Has anyone installed the ACDelco Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads? If you have how do you like them? Lastly, did you use the stock rotors? I plan to replace my brake pads soon and am leaning twards the ceramic pads! Ken Fitchner has all parts 10% off at this time so I want to get them before the sale ends (through July) if in fact they are a worth while investment over the stock brake pads.

ACDelco Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads
Noise Suppression: 100% shimmed, 100% slotted, 100% chamfered. AC Delco Durastop provides ultra-quiet braking due to the absence of iron and steel fibers in the friction formulation.
Durability: Ceramic friction lasts longer than other non-ceramic friction.
Low Dusting: AC Delco Durastop Ceramic Friction was specially developed to reduce the ANNOYING dust that is typically found in ordinary friction formulations.
Warranty: AC Delco Durastop Ceramic Friction will provide a limited lifetime warranty.
These are available for many different GM models in addition to Corvettes!!
GM Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads
Front Set(4 pads) Forum member price $98.85 (Sale $88.97)
Rear Set(4 pads) Forum member price $70.78 (Sale $63.70)
(Total $152.68)
Old 07-08-2002, 09:07 AM
01Pewter
Melting Slicks

CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
CI-X Auto-X Champ (street tires)
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner

Default Re: Has anyone installed the ACDelco Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads? (C54U2NV)

I installed the Ceramic Pads and new rotors 3K miles ago.
They have greatly reduced the dust on the Vert's wheels. :cool:
I probably would not take to ceramic pads racing, but they are great for a daily driver. I got the pads and rotors from Ken.
Notice how clean the calipers are.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:19 AM
vstella
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Has anyone installed the ACDelco Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads? (C54U2NV)

Just bought them from Ken ...I went with the Eradispeed enhanced rotors too.I'll post when installed:D
Old 07-08-2002, 09:33 AM
ncvetteman
Safety Car

I've heard others say, who ran them on stock rotors, they were just about the same or a little worse braking than stock. But they did produce a lot less brake dust... they dust white/clear so you can hardly tell there is dust there. Most people buy them for less dust.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:09 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I have used the Ceramics for about 6 months now with the Baer Eradispeed rotors. I am completely happy with the pads, NO Noise, very little dust, and no noticeable difference in stopping power over stock. I run high and low speed AutoX and the pads stand up fine. Go for it, you will not be sorry. :yesnod:
Old 07-09-2002, 10:16 AM
lotzahp
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

I've had them on the front for about 1k miles. If they dust, I can't see it! Braking isn't as sharp when you stab the pedal, but I don't think overall braking is worse or better.

From what I gather, the Raybestos QS pads from your local parts store are just as good and less money.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:33 PM
C54U2NV
Advanced

Thanks for the recomendation on the Quiet Stop Raybestos pads. I will price these pads tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your input!

:flag
Old 07-09-2002, 11:42 PM
HOCKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

I f they are less dust that is what I want and how much for a set?
Old 07-09-2002, 11:48 PM
HOCKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

Default Re: Has anyone installed the ACDelco Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads? (HOCKEY)

I just got the price off of Ken's site.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:01 PM
C54U2NV
Advanced

Ken Fitchner has all parts 10% off at this time so I want to get them before the sale ends (through July) if in fact they are a worth while investment over the stock brake pads:

ACDelco Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads
Noise Suppression: 100% shimmed, 100% slotted, 100% chamfered. AC Delco Durastop provides ultra-quiet braking due to the absence of iron and steel fibers in the friction formulation.
Durability: Ceramic friction lasts longer than other non-ceramic friction.
Low Dusting: AC Delco Durastop Ceramic Friction was specially developed to reduce the ANNOYING dust that is typically found in ordinary friction formulations.
Warranty: AC Delco Durastop Ceramic Friction will provide a limited lifetime warranty.
These are available for many different GM models in addition to Corvettes!!

GM Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads
Front Set(4 pads) Forum member price $98.85 (Sale $88.97)
Rear Set(4 pads) Forum member price $70.78 (Sale $63.70)
(Total $152.68)

Pep Boys Auto Part Store:
Raybestos Quiet Stop pads
Front Set(4 pads) $89.99
Rear Set(4 pads) $69.99
Sub Total: $159.98
Tax: $9.60 (6% MI)
Total: $169.58

[Modified by C54U2NV, 12:02 PM 7/12/2002]

[Modified by C54U2NV, 12:03 PM 7/12/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone installed the ACDelco Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads?

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed the ACDelco Durastop Ceramic Wave II Brake Pads?