C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No longer stumped by electrical;IPC fixed

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 03:58 PM
David Shiel
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts
Default No longer stumped by electrical;IPC fixed

Just got the car back. Everything is perfect now. No more codes. IPC is on steady. Everything on the car works and no codes being set.
I promised I would share the fix.

*Replaced BCM and programmed in all accessories. Sam thought it was the BCM.

*Repaired star connectors loose connectors.

*Found two wires under the dash that were chafing and repaired them. Showed me the pics of these and they were each bare in a small place near the steel structural support. They had been rubbing.

* He tried the old BCM after the wiring fixes, but it was confirmed to be *UBAR. Trying to save me some money.

*Two wires in center BCM plug were in the wrong slots. B/W and one other I think Blue/W

*Replaced the two lock relays in RDCM.

*1 year warranty on everything.

*20 mile test drive

$$$$= Total cost with additional work and tax was $644.00. Parts were only 210. Labor 417 for all that was done. Plus tax.

For some reason, perhaps because I inadvertently mentioned the dealer where my guy used to work, I was shut out the 5 page posts. Fancy that !! Anyone wanting history can check the "I am stumped" threads.

The saga is over. The mysteries are solved. After two years of fighting it, I am relieved. I like the car again. Might even add some goodies.

Thanks again Sam and Bill.

Sam, give me a call

Last edited by David Shiel; 11-26-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Add
Old 11-27-2013, 12:17 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Don't you just love happy endings? Dave was a real trooper to work through this because he wanted to learn. Now I have a new friend who serves cold beer and does not live that far away. Mr. Sam
Old 11-27-2013, 12:29 PM
David Shiel
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Thanks , Sam

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Don't you just love happy endings? Dave was a real trooper to work through this because he wanted to learn. Now I have a new friend who serves cold beer and does not live that far away. Mr. Sam
Coming from you, I take that as a real compliment. We certainly did get an education; me more than you. I really understand the car's electrics so much better now.

Dave
Old 11-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Nice work!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

I bet you appreciate the meters and schematics a lot more now,, dont you. WELL DONE and it was a pleasure helping you out. Anytime my friend! Glad you are back on the road enjoying your car.

Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

Bill

Happy thanksgiving!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To No longer stumped by electrical;IPC fixed

Quick Reply: No longer stumped by electrical;IPC fixed