C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping 243's out for LQ9 6.0 heads.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Leukic
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Swapping 243's out for LQ9 6.0 heads.

I will be swapping out my 243 heads for LQ9's for lower compression for future SC.

Besides the valve covers is there anything else That can NOT be crossed over or changed.

As in
Push rods length different going from 59CC to a 74CC head?
Rockers does it matter?
My lifters are LS7 so those should be good.

Thanks Josh
Old 12-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Tar Heel
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm not an expert in this area but I would think the pushrod length would be the same and the size of the combustion chamber should not make a difference. Lifters are fine and I can't answer about the rockers but I'm guessing they're the same also.

Are you interested in selling your 243s? I might be interested in a core for AI to work on for me.

Scott
Old 12-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Leukic
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tar Heel
I'm not an expert in this area but I would think the pushrod length would be the same and the size of the combustion chamber should not make a difference. Lifters are fine and I can't answer about the rockers but I'm guessing they're the same also.

Are you interested in selling your 243s? I might be interested in a core for AI to work on for me.

Scott
The heads will be complete as in rockers and springs and all. I will have to look into the push rod length. The heads swap will be later in the year next year as I get more parts to beef up the Valvetrain for the LQ9 heads. Sorry Scott
Old 12-14-2013, 11:25 PM
jarnold
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Push rods would be OK

Originally Posted by Leukic
I will be swapping out my 243 heads for LQ9's for lower compression for future SC.

Besides the valve covers is there anything else That can NOT be crossed over or changed.

As in
Push rods length different going from 59CC to a 74CC head?
Rockers does it matter?
My lifters are LS7 so those should be good.

Thanks Josh
The CC's are just the Chamber size. So height change of the head which would require shorter rods.

Get notified of new replies

To Swapping 243's out for LQ9 6.0 heads.

Quick Reply: Swapping 243's out for LQ9 6.0 heads.