C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

28-TCS No Comm - My Solution

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 07:06 PM
sam-garcia
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 28-TCS No Comm - My Solution

To whom it may concern:

Recently I left my car parked for 4 days. Upon return I came back to a dead battery. After I charged it, the ABS and Traction Control lights were on. I had a 10-PCM P1571 H C code along with 28-TCS No comm. I was puzzled because I had just recently removed the ebcm and had a friend resolder the points following the steps outlined on the corvette forum by another member. Back then that took care of the "service abs soon" "service traction control soon" blah blah. I was at a loss, checked every fuse and ground.

Finally I emailed Brandon the absfixer.com guy. I let him know about my no comm code and here is what he responded:
"Hi Samuel, sometimes a bad ignition switch will cause this, but most likely your module is bad. Unfortunately there is no repair for this module in the state it is in. You will need to replace it with another one. Right now I don't have any in stock."

I emailed two other places I found online, one on ebay and another. One said they MAY be able to fix it but they'd have to inspect it first. The other said nope, no fix for a no comm code.

I started scoping out prices for the ebcm and they were upwards of $550. I happened to check craigslist in my area and came across a guy that claimed he could fix my abs. I emailed him. Long story short, I ended up exchanging my 2003 ebcm for a 2002 corvette ebcm he had just rebuilt. It was plug an play. I reset my codes and bamn problem solved. So far so good. He charged me $150.

That is my experience in case anyone out there is having the dreaded 28-TCS No Comm code!

that is all, happy new year!
Old 07-21-2018, 01:34 PM
hendrri
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sam-garcia
To whom it may concern:

Recently I left my car parked for 4 days. Upon return I came back to a dead battery. After I charged it, the ABS and Traction Control lights were on. I had a 10-PCM P1571 H C code along with 28-TCS No comm. I was puzzled because I had just recently removed the ebcm and had a friend resolder the points following the steps outlined on the corvette forum by another member. Back then that took care of the "service abs soon" "service traction control soon" blah blah. I was at a loss, checked every fuse and ground.

Finally I emailed Brandon the absfixer.com guy. I let him know about my no comm code and here is what he responded:
"Hi Samuel, sometimes a bad ignition switch will cause this, but most likely your module is bad. Unfortunately there is no repair for this module in the state it is in. You will need to replace it with another one. Right now I don't have any in stock."

I emailed two other places I found online, one on ebay and another. One said they MAY be able to fix it but they'd have to inspect it first. The other said nope, no fix for a no comm code.

I started scoping out prices for the ebcm and they were upwards of $550. I happened to check craigslist in my area and came across a guy that claimed he could fix my abs. I emailed him. Long story short, I ended up exchanging my 2003 ebcm for a 2002 corvette ebcm he had just rebuilt. It was plug an play. I reset my codes and bamn problem solved. So far so good. He charged me $150.

That is my experience in case anyone out there is having the dreaded 28-TCS No Comm code!

that is all, happy new year!
Do you have the guys contact info? I'm having the same problem with my 2001

Quick Reply: 28-TCS No Comm - My Solution