C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0332... Again, after BNIB Delco Parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:48 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Any ideas on what could be causing this code? It's a P0332, for rear knock sensor, low voltage. I got this after installing new Pfadt Headers and intake manifold seals.

Got around to removing the intake, and installed a new harness and two new Delco sensors. First startup and run was fine. Second startup and the CEL came back on; again, P0332.

It's ways the second startup the light and code comes back.

Is this actually detecting KNOCK, or is it a voltage issue? Everything is brand new. I'm stumped.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:58 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

did you clear the code after you put in the new parts?... are the headers rubbing anywhere that could cause increased vibration which could give a false knock reading?... are they touching or near any wiring that could have damaged something?... you might also have the tune checked to see if they missed something by accident
Old 02-22-2014, 06:18 AM
dr_whigham
Pro

Originally Posted by neutron82
did you clear the code after you put in the new parts?... are the headers rubbing anywhere that could cause increased vibration which could give a false knock reading?... are they touching or near any wiring that could have damaged something?... you might also have the tune checked to see if they missed something by accident
Cleared the code before startup

Headers aren't touching anywhere that I can tell, but it's a low voltage code. Is that itself knock?

I haven't checked continuity yet for the pigtail to PCM Pin, but that's on the list.

Geoff at EPS tuned it, we were aware of it, but it never came back on the dyno.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:10 AM
martysauto
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Disconnect the jumper harness. Measure resistance from battery's ground to sensor side of harness (jumper harness). It should read between 93k and 107k ohms on each sensor. If one is out of range you have a bad sensor or connection at sensor. You may have gotten a bad sensor. If it was dropped it won't work.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:29 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Originally Posted by martysauto
Disconnect the jumper harness. Measure resistance from battery's ground to sensor side of harness (jumper harness). It should read between 93k and 107k ohms on each sensor. If one is out of range you have a bad sensor or connection at sensor. You may have gotten a bad sensor. If it was dropped it won't work.
There's a new one in the mail from the supplier. Let's hope it works...
Old 03-13-2014, 06:33 AM
dr_whigham
Pro

Final update:

Finally fixed my KS issue. Wasn't anything knock related. Had a damn cut wire at the back of the KS plug, body harness side.

OHM'd the sensors and they were both 99.3 and 99.4 respectively.

Quick trip to eBay and 10.99 shipped later, got a new pigtail and soldered it in.

No more code (P0332) and no more timing retard.
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Jurgen1
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Final update:

Finally fixed my KS issue. Wasn't anything knock related. Had a damn cut wire at the back of the KS plug, body harness side.

OHM'd the sensors and they were both 99.3 and 99.4 respectively.

Quick trip to eBay and 10.99 shipped later, got a new pigtail and soldered it in.

No more code (P0332) and no more timing retard.
That would do it . Looks like it might have been rubbing on something unless it was done by vibration but who knows .
Old 03-14-2014, 01:38 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

glad you found it!... that's funny I did pretty much the same thing but to my opsu wire when I had my intake off not too long ago

Get notified of new replies

To P0332... Again, after BNIB Delco Parts

Quick Reply: P0332... Again, after BNIB Delco Parts