C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kip Fabre @ Cam Motion

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 01:44 AM
mchicia1
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Kip Fabre @ Cam Motion

I spent around 4 months chasing a whining noise in my car. I was 99.9% certain it was the camshaft, because it started happening right after I swapped cams, even with the belts off. I even tried another cam from the same vendor and it still whined. Many other people were reporting the same noise as well, but we were getting no answers and not much help.

Kip found our thread and chimed in with his expertise and told us he was just about 100% certain it was an issue with the cams not being polished properly. He offered to polish our cores for free and send them back to try. However, since I was already fed up with swapping cams twice, I didn't want to take any risks, so I elected to buy a brand new cam from Cam Motion instead. Kip sent me a new cam at a discounted rate and had the cam ground and polished the same day I ordered it. It was on my door step 3 days later.

I put in the new cam and the whining was GONE. FINALLY. Thanks Kip @ Cam Motion! The only guy who knew what was going on.

Cam Motion is the only vendor I will be using for camshafts from now on.

Reference thread.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...-change-8.html
Old 02-23-2014, 09:43 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I went thru the thread...yikes! Your detail & attention is another yikes Nicely done & good on you for giving props

I'm currently considering a cam change & this will influence that for sure
Old 02-23-2014, 10:25 PM
mchicia1
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CTD
I went thru the thread...yikes! Your detail & attention is another yikes Nicely done & good on you for giving props

I'm currently considering a cam change & this will influence that for sure
It feels like I traveled back in time a hundred years and told everyone the world was indeed round. It was a tough sell for a while that the cam was the problem.

Don't hesitate to go with them, you get what you pay for and this is not a swap I ever want to have to do 3 times to get right again.

Get notified of new replies

To Kip Fabre @ Cam Motion

Quick Reply: Kip Fabre @ Cam Motion