C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active Handling Errors?? Tire Monitering System errors??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 11:39 AM
ZBrink
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Active Handling Errors?? Tire Monitering System errors??

My active handling light started coming on without me turning it off and the dash flashes "Service Active Handling". Sometimes it will flash "Warming Active Handling". Yesterday it actually came back and said "Warming Complete", or something close to those words, yet it still remained off. After driving the car I can tell that it's not just the light coming on, the active handling is not "on" either. I have no idea what happened or what to. The car is a 98' with 11,000 miles. Also, has my traction control been affected? It doesn't say anything about that. Two days before this whole problem started, the computer told me to "Service Tire Monitering System." Now I cannot get any readings from either of the rear tires. They read Lxx and Rxx. Any help would be great.

Here are the codes:

DTC C1286 Steering Sensor Bias Malfunction
DTC C1286 Steering/Lateral Accelerometer Sensor Bias Malfunction
DTC C1287 Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction

DTC C2110 Right Rear TPM Sensor Malfunction
DTC C2115 Left Rear TPM Sensor Malfunction

[Modified by ZBrink, 11:37 PM 7/15/2002] :confused: :confused: :confused:

[Modified by ZBrink, 11:38 PM 7/15/2002]
Old 07-15-2002, 12:25 PM
vette.se
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Active Handling Errors?? Tire Monitering System errors?? (ZBrink)

Clear all messages on the DIC by pressing Reset. Press and hold the option button, press the fuel button four times. You will now see the Error codes for each system. Note the codes you get which begin with TCS -

Check the code explanation on the following web page : http://www.c5forum.com/ayc/dtcdic.php Select your year far down on the page. If you have a 2001 or never select 2000 which have most of the 2001 and newer codes.

Post your findings here and I'm sure somebody will help you out.

:cheers:
Old 07-15-2002, 07:29 PM
ZBrink
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Active Handling Errors?? Tire Monitering System errors?? (seanr)

thanks a lot seanr...i'm ging t try that.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:40 PM
ZBrink
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Active Handling Errors?? Tire Monitering System errors?? (seanr)

I found the codes and posted them up in the first entry but I don't know what they mean or what to do about them.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:54 AM
vette.se
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Active Handling Errors?? Tire Monitering System errors?? (zbrink)

When you looked at the codes did you have any letters after the code such as C(current) H(history)?

To me this sounds like you should take your car to a GM tech and have it repaired.

The TPM codes are the TirePressureMonitors and the others is related to sensors that keep track of how much the steering wheel is turned and the lateral accelaration. What I know all these codes are related to the ABS/AH unit mounted in front of the engine(it have a lot of brake lines coming in to it).

You could try two things. Pop up the hood, while standing on the drivers side of the engine compartment you have a handle on the far end of the ABS/AH unit. Pulling the handle up it will release the electrical connector from the ABS/AH unit. Leave the handle in the up position. Clean the connector on the cable and the ABS/AH unit with electronic connector cleaner. Put the connector back pushing it in as far as possible, pull the handle down and the connector will go in to its position.
Second, you have three important groundposts in the engine compartement, they are easy to spot. One is on top of the frame up front left side, the second is on the opposite side(Passenger side) and the third is below the battery(it can be seen if looking down beside the battery) Release the nut on each groundpost, spray some electronic cleaner and move the groundcables around a little and re-tighten.

Take the car for a ride. When you get back keep the engine running or at least in the ON position. Check the codes, if you have a H after each code you are fine, if you have a C or a H+C go to a GM tech and have it fixed.

:cheers:

[Modified by seanr, 6:57 AM 7/16/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Active Handling Errors?? Tire Monitering System errors??

Quick Reply: Active Handling Errors?? Tire Monitering System errors??