C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Crazy code?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 04:11 PM
_Wayne_
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default HELP!!! Crazy code?

Got home for lunch break locked the car came out and started it and I get this?!!!?

Restarted it and same thing. Car drives fine. No speed or rpms at the cluster but the hud read out is accurate? My only guess is disconnect the ground and see if that works?!
Old 04-05-2014, 05:52 PM
_Wayne_
Pro

Disconnected and re connected the battery.... No go there. I'm stuck. Any help appreciated.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:26 AM
phoneman91
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

I noticed that the voltmeter is reading 8 volts. Have your checked the battery voltage across the battery terminals with a DVM?
Old 04-06-2014, 02:32 AM
Cuz13
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by _Wayne_
Got home for lunch break locked the car came out and started it and I get this?!!!?

Restarted it and same thing. Car drives fine. No speed or rpms at the cluster but the hud read out is accurate? My only guess is disconnect the ground and see if that works?!
Is that a Z06 cluster in a base C5 like your profile states, if it is did you or the previous owner install it.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:19 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

If the HUD works it looks like the IPC has internal issues. If it were me, if it is not a power or ground issue, I would first access the IPC and unplug the DIC switch to see if it helps clear up some of your issues. With it unplugged, if it is the issue, I would think you would at least recover the Tach and the MPH.

It does not appear to be a serial bus issue at this point due to the HUD working.

The IPC can do strange things if it looses some power or grounds. Check out your fuses first. If they are good I want a voltage reading at the fuses.

IPC +12V power feeds from I/P fuse box:

Fuse #19 (only powered when ignition is ON)
Fuse #25 (powered all the time)
G205, G104, G201
Old 04-06-2014, 11:31 AM
_Wayne_
Pro

Originally Posted by phoneman91
I noticed that the voltmeter is reading 8 volts. Have your checked the battery voltage across the battery terminals with a DVM?
Sorry forgot to mention that none of the gauges work on the cluster except for the gas gauge. But they all work on the hud. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Cuz13
Is that a Z06 cluster in a base C5 like your profile states, if it is did you or the previous owner install it.
Yes it is. I did the install a couple months before bc my old IPC broke. And I wanted to have a hud and be cool! Haha

Originally Posted by dadaroo
f the HUD works it looks like the IPC has internal issues. If it were me, if it is not a power or ground issue, I would first access the IPC and unplug the DIC switch to see if it helps clear up some of your issues. With it unplugged, if it is the issue, I would think you would at least recover the Tach and the MPH.

It does not appear to be a serial bus issue at this point due to the HUD working.

The IPC can do strange things if it looses some power or grounds. Check out your fuses first. If they are good I want a voltage reading at the fuses.

IPC +12V power feeds from I/P fuse box:

Fuse #19 (only powered when ignition is ON)
Fuse #25 (powered all the time)
G205, G104, G201
Okay thanks I'll do that! Was just hopeing to save taking this thing appart for the one millionth time! Lol but looks like I found my weekend project!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:33 AM
_Wayne_
Pro

Forgot to add the security light is on all the time
Old 04-07-2014, 09:03 AM
3sACROWD
Melting Slicks

Received 446 Likes on 328 Posts

Just for kicks and giggles, did you check to make sure none of the DIC buttons is stuck down? If it was working fine, maybe one of the buttons didn't pop up from the last time you touched it.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 AM
_Wayne_
Pro

Originally Posted by 3sACROWD
Just for kicks and giggles, did you check to make sure none of the DIC buttons is stuck down? If it was working fine, maybe one of the buttons didn't pop up from the last time you touched it.
Haha good point. Tried it to no avail. Checked all the fuses they look good so I guess it's time to take her apart
Old 04-08-2014, 11:21 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Haha good point. Tried it to no avail. Checked all the fuses they look good so I guess it's time to take her apart
I didn't say just check the fuses, I WANTED VOLTAGE READINGS ALSO.

Check the grounds also. I have seen this type of issue due to circuit issues which could be at the supply end or ground end. I would do that before I tried to pull the IPC.

It could be some bad or loose pins at the IPC connector.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:29 PM
_Wayne_
Pro

Originally Posted by dadaroo
I didn't say just check the fuses, I WANTED VOLTAGE READINGS ALSO.

Check the grounds also. I have seen this type of issue due to circuit issues which could be at the supply end or ground end. I would do that before I tried to pull the IPC.

It could be some bad or loose pins at the IPC connector.
I fixed it just in case people see this and wants to know what happened. I did clean all the grounds checked voltages and all that. Everything checked out still there was an error. so I pulled the IPC and the board the holds the Odometer readings was all black and burnt. New IPC fixed it.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:09 PM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I fixed it just in case people see this and wants to know what happened. I did clean all the grounds checked voltages and all that. Everything checked out still there was an error. so I pulled the IPC and the board the holds the Odometer readings was all black and burnt. New IPC fixed it.

Dang Wayne seems like you have returned in force arounfd here today after an extended absence . Welcome back
Old 10-29-2014, 08:43 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Glad you fixed it. Thanks for the update. About 90% of the people that request help here never close the loop.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP!!! Crazy code?

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Crazy code?