C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving/fog lights

Old 04-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Tom_Monaco
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving/fog lights

I have a problem with my driving/fog lights. The only time they will turn on or off is when the automatic lights turn on. If you try to turn them on with the headlight switch, the fog light switch will not work. Also when you turn on the headlights with the switch the dash lights do not turn on. When the automatic lights turn on then the dash lights come on. Any ideas?

Thanks
Tom
Old 04-15-2014, 01:14 PM
kgie1217
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Sounds like your multi-function switch is bad. This happened to me. There is a thread on here stating how to repair it. I was able to repair mine but I should have just bought a new one and been done with it. Took me two tries to repair it and it is working now. For how long? Who knows.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Tom_Monaco
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kgie1217
Sounds like your multi-function switch is bad. This happened to me. There is a thread on here stating how to repair it. I was able to repair mine but I should have just bought a new one and been done with it. Took me two tries to repair it and it is working now. For how long? Who knows.
Thanks, I will look into that. I thought that would be the problem, but hoped it was not.

Get notified of new replies

To Driving/fog lights

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driving/fog lights