C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C-5 ZO6 under hood light, map lights out

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Edward J. Osterman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C-5 ZO6 under hood light, map lights out

Can't seem to locate the cause of the rear view mirror interior "map" lights and under hood light not working? Owners manual for my ZO6 doesn't specifically point out where the proper fuse or relay is located. I tried replacing the "Courtesy Lights" relay#42 as well as an under hood bulb thinking that might be the answer but to no avail.
Appreciate any ideas! Local Chevy dealer not much of a Vette shop when it comes to mildly modified Vettes.
Ed
Old 04-27-2014, 02:34 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward J. Osterman
Can't seem to locate the cause of the rear view mirror interior "map" lights and under hood light not working? Owners manual for my ZO6 doesn't specifically point out where the proper fuse or relay is located. I tried replacing the "Courtesy Lights" relay#42 as well as an under hood bulb thinking that might be the answer but to no avail.
Appreciate any ideas! Local Chevy dealer not much of a Vette shop when it comes to mildly modified Vettes.
Ed
Did you check both fuse boxes?? One under the hood by the batt and the another one by passenger foot well.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Edward J. Osterman
Intermediate

Default Reply to map & hood light fuses

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
If your under hood light and interior map light are out then your glove box light and visor vanity mirror lights are likely not working as well. I would check fuse #2 and/or relay #37 in the passenger foot well fuse box if I were searching for a cause.
I can't thank you enough for your response as I couldn't find the proper fuse. After your reply a new 10 amp fuse did the trick.
Again-thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread.
Ed Osterman
Old 04-30-2014, 11:24 PM
twettybyrd
Racer

Default hood/map lights

Originally Posted by Edward J. Osterman
I can't thank you enough for your response as I couldn't find the proper fuse. After your reply a new 10 amp fuse did the trick.
Again-thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread.
Ed Osterman
glad you have it fixed, but which fuse/relay was it? thx

Get notified of new replies

To C-5 ZO6 under hood light, map lights out

Quick Reply: C-5 ZO6 under hood light, map lights out