C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 06:27 PM
ChuckWalters
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Won't Start

Went out to the garage tonight to start the Vette and all I get is a clicking sound. Everything lights up okay....just click, click, click. Put a jump start on it thinking a low battery......nope. There is an a code on the clock that says ERR but I don't think that means anything to do with the reason.

I am now putting a full battery charger on it thinking maybe the jump starter just didn't have enough power?

Thoughts??

Last edited by ChuckWalters; 05-16-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:23 PM
ChuckWalters
Racer

It does appear the battery is the culprit. It did start when I jumper end it to my Durango, but on the charger it is not holding the amperage. So...new battery tomorrow.

I bought the car from a dealer and never had to enable "Theft Lok". So if the previous owner did set a password....what next?
Old 05-17-2014, 03:02 PM
ChuckWalters
Racer

New battery did the trick......it still registered 12.2 volts but it just didn't have the amperage to turn the car over (only read about 6.2A after 12 hours of charging). And as a nice extra, the previous owner did NOT set the Theft Lok so everything is working on the radio too! Thanks again for the help!

This forum continues to amaze me and is so enjoyable to belong to. Everyone is awesome....

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Won't Start

Quick Reply: C5 Won't Start