C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS is not modulating; No Warning Lights or DIC codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 09:51 PM
SteveGreer
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by martysauto
Have you tested it since the repair? I would think in a straight line panic stop, it wouldn't make a difference. If the sensors were crossed, the active handling should not have worked properly.
Just my .02
I have not tested it myself since I won't be able to pick it up until Monday. I am assuming that Stephen at England Greens in Houston would have tested after he found the crossed wire problem. But I will check it out when I pick it up.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:19 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

It's fairly simple to understand why the system wouldn't work. The system would see the right front wheel locked-up and start releasing the pressure on the left front wheel, for example. Basically, whichever wheel locked-up first would stay locked-up while the ABS releases the opposite side because it thinks that's the side which is locked-up.

I would think the AH relies more on the yaw and steering wheel sensors as inputs so it would still seem to work OK.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:24 PM
SteveGreer
Cruising

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
It's fairly simple to understand why the system wouldn't work. The system would see the right front wheel locked-up and start releasing the pressure on the left front wheel, for example. Basically, whichever wheel locked-up first would stay locked-up while the ABS releases the opposite side because it thinks that's the side which is locked-up.

I would think the AH relies more on the yaw and steering wheel sensors as inputs so it would still seem to work OK.
That makes total since. Only my front left tire had a couple of flat spots. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:59 PM
BigGun
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts

Only way to know for sure is to test it yourself. Please don't leave us hanging.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:11 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,341 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGun
Only way to know for sure is to test it yourself. Please don't leave us hanging.

You don't need the rainy day in the parking lot, just find a grassy place...
Old 10-16-2014, 01:39 PM
SteveGreer
Cruising

Originally Posted by leadfoot4

You don't need the rainy day in the parking lot, just find a grassy place...
I will test it out after I pick it up on Monday and I will not leave you guys hanging.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by lionelhutz

SPOT ON EXPLANATION! Well Done!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:18 PM
SteveGreer
Cruising

I picked up my vette today and was able to test the ABS. It is working perfectly now.
Thanks for all the input.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:15 PM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wonder how the wires got crossed?
Old 10-21-2014, 03:41 PM
SteveGreer
Cruising

Originally Posted by 3boystoys
Wonder how the wires got crossed?
Was talking to Stephen about it and he showed me how the harness should run down the left side and it was on the right side of the engine. He said the only way for it to be switched is if the engine was out or the brace on the bottom had been taken out. Probably had the engine out at some time and they ran the harness on the wrong side, which the wires come out of the harness and one is longer than the other so they got crossed.

Quick Reply: ABS is not modulating; No Warning Lights or DIC codes