C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with HVAC blower motor not operating.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:00 PM
Rudolph1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Problems with HVAC blower motor not operating.

Hello.

Well, my car is a 01 Z06, and being honest I have been everywhere with the HVAC system not working air at all. First, what I did was to replace the HVAC resistor blower motor brand new, then new blower motor, and at the end was the 30 amp #51 fuse that was loose... I drove the car for about 100 miles with no further problem on the HVAC.

Now, after a holly rain tempest I was using the defroster and it started to stall at some periods of time... Untill it went on vacations. I have been checking everything, related to posts on the forum, and no solution at all.

First, check that everything was bone dry, and it did. After, I bench tested the blower motor, working great. Checked connections connections under th battery and the PCM (used a special sray for electronics to clean everything, even if it was not needed). Now, I tested the motor with the blower resistor down also, trying to ground the resistor module with a wire attached to a chassis bolt (at the aluminium shell), to see if ground was the problem, and nop by the way things resulted. Then took the voltmeter and turn the ignition (not the engine) on to get power on the HVAC, at the connection before the resistor, I was getting directly into the pins 11.9 volts. Now, I plug the blower resistor and not voltage at all, using the voltmeter, of course.

I am not a genius on the electric department, so I "tried" to resistance with the voltmeter handheld set at ohms of course, and reading where a bit odd, most of the times 1... Maybe doing something wrong I guess.

Do you think that the blower resistor went down for good, FOR THE SECOND TIME???? Or am I not taking something else into consideration.

PLEASE, rain season down here, and having not defroster can get me back on memories of my old VW bettle and lack of air at the windshield hahaha!

Thanks in advance for any comment.

Rodolfo
Old 05-31-2014, 11:49 PM
Rudolph1
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudolph1
Hello.

Well, my car is a 01 Z06, and being honest I have been everywhere with the HVAC system not working air at all. First, what I did was to replace the HVAC resistor blower motor brand new, then new blower motor, and at the end was the 30 amp #51 fuse that was loose... I drove the car for about 100 miles with no further problem on the HVAC.

Now, after a holly rain tempest I was using the defroster and it started to stall at some periods of time... Untill it went on vacations. I have been checking everything, related to posts on the forum, and no solution at all.

First, check that everything was bone dry, and it did. After, I bench tested the blower motor, working great. Checked connections connections under th battery and the PCM (used a special sray for electronics to clean everything, even if it was not needed). Now, I tested the motor with the blower resistor down also, trying to ground the resistor module with a wire attached to a chassis bolt (at the aluminium shell), to see if ground was the problem, and nop by the way things resulted. Then took the voltmeter and turn the ignition (not the engine) on to get power on the HVAC, at the connection before the resistor, I was getting directly into the pins 11.9 volts. Now, I plug the blower resistor and not voltage at all, using the voltmeter, of course.

I am not a genius on the electric department, so I "tried" to resistance with the voltmeter handheld set at ohms of course, and reading where a bit odd, most of the times 1... Maybe doing something wrong I guess.

Do you think that the blower resistor went down for good, FOR THE SECOND TIME???? Or am I not taking something else into consideration.

PLEASE, rain season down here, and having not defroster can get me back on memories of my old VW bettle and lack of air at the windshield hahaha!

Thanks in advance for any comment.

Rodolfo

Quick Reply: Problems with HVAC blower motor not operating.