C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced Eng. Power, Service Active Handling, Service Traction System

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 08:21 PM
Catman58
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced Eng. Power, Service Active Handling, Service Traction System

HELP. This is my first post so forgive me if I'm not in the right place.
Driving back from an outing came out of a curve and was giving throttle.
Lost throttle, check engine light came on and dash scrolls
Reduced engine power, service active handling, and service traction system. Stopped pit trans in park and shut engine down. Restarted no sroll on the dash but check engine light stayed on. As long as you ease into the throttle all is good but punch it and it all happens again. This is on a 2001 C5 54,000 miles. Only mod that I know of is a different exhaust system. I just got this car a week ago.
Went into the dash and there were a lot of codes with H behind them.
Cleared all the codes. Check engine light is out. Took car back out and at about 30 mph punched it and same thing happens. Only codes in the dash now are 10-PCM P1221H TP Sensors 1, 2 Performance, and
TCS- C1278H TCS Temporarily Inhibited By PCM. I thought H was for history code? Why would it come back with the H?? Please help
Old 05-31-2014, 11:34 PM
Catman58
Racer

Thank you. Good read. I think I might have it figured out. Cleared codes again. Used a paperclip to slide into the connector past the dark blue wire by schematic should be the signal wire. Used my meter to check voltage. Turn ignition to on position voltage a 1 volt and would steadily increase until about half throttle going past that point it dropped back to 1 volt and the fault code tripped P1221HC did this several times and could duplicate the code each time. Ordered a TPS will have it on Tuesday. Will let you all know. Thanks
Old 06-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Catman58
Racer

The dark blue wire tested in the previous post I s in the connector on the TPS I believe is the signal wire
Old 06-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Catman58
Racer

TPS sensor came in today. Before installing I spooned into the dark blue wire at the TPS. Made a full sweep on the throttle and the P1221HC logged again. Cleared codes and installed the new TPS. Did another full sweep of the throttle and no code. Took it out and drove around 40 miles with no problems. Thank you 8VETTE7 for your response. You were the only one who did respond.

Last edited by Catman58; 10-06-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Reduced Eng. Power, Service Active Handling, Service Traction System

Quick Reply: Reduced Eng. Power, Service Active Handling, Service Traction System