C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help................... Shifter issue......anyone

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 03:31 PM
joe Villarreal
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help................... Shifter issue......anyone

OK now that i have more questions the key has to be in the on position and the brake pedal has to be pressed and the button on shifter has to be pressed to move the shifter from park or to be put back on park . now once out of park the shifter slides back and forth car does not start at all car seems to be in neutral looked under the vehicle but seems you have to drop exhaust to remove trans protection plate to get to trans cable. any help is needed guys...............................HELPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLEASE: smash::***** ::f lag:
Old 06-18-2014, 08:21 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by joe Villarreal
OK now that i have more questions the key has to be in the on position and the brake pedal has to be pressed and the button on shifter has to be pressed to move the shifter from park or to be put back on park . now once out of park the shifter slides back and forth car does not start at all car seems to be in neutral looked under the vehicle but seems you have to drop exhaust to remove trans protection plate to get to trans cable. any help is needed guys...............................HELPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLEASE: smash::***** ::f lag:
Check the linkage at the trans first. It's located by the diff after the protection plate. I would start there anyway before you start tearing everything part.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:30 AM
joe Villarreal
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok done found the problem the shifter cable linkage that hooks up to shifter linkage was worn out broken so after removing exhaust,, tunnel plate i got to the shifter linkage the connector was broken at the shifter side so i went to Orileys and bought a Help product a shifter linkage repair kit $5.00 and made some adjusting so that it would lock on and after 2 1/2hours vette was back on road easy fix. thanks even feels better when shifting no play ....................lesson fix it yourself and learn something.

Last edited by joe Villarreal; 06-21-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Help................... Shifter issue......anyone

Quick Reply: Help................... Shifter issue......anyone