C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can the Vapor Canister Purge Valve be relocated / removed ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 01:10 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

thanks for the compliments guys... you all have exceptionally clean cars so it means a lot... aside from a few upgrades my focus was to clean things up a bit so hopefully I'm taking a step in the right direction, I just wish I was done already

Originally Posted by blown81bu
very nice
is that that flexbraid wire covering from jegs on there..i think i like that better than the plastic cover the factory uses
it's stuff called techflex f6, I bought it on ebay... I used a couple layers of electrical tape on my wiring and then the nylon braid... I found it cheap and you can buy it by the foot instead of huge rolls, pm me if you want the sellers name or you can just search for it on ebay... I originally wanted to cover it with nylon braid that wasn't split until I found out that gm likes to put the connectors on before they lock the pins in place, so basically I would have to cut and resolder every single sensor in order to do that... I wasn't prepared to do that this time around, if I ever pull the motor for whatever reason I may do it then but this will do for now... it looks pretty nice, way better than bare electrical tape or regular split loom... I wanted to keep from using zip ties but it kept wanting to open up in certain areas (especially tight bends) so I had to break down and use some tiny zip ties... it isn't exactly what I wanted but much better than it was

Originally Posted by Patches
That thing would run better if you would wrap the belt around he s/c pulley and put the coils and TB back in.

j/k Looks friggin' awesome. Hope mine comes out that nice.
oh man, I was wondering why I was losing so much boost... I actually had all the belts on and ready to rock and found out that my tensioner had developed some cracks in the webbing so I had to take it off for now... I have a new one on the way and a buddy and I are working on a fix for it so this doesn't happen again... coils are going behind the fenders, absolutely nothing will be on my valve covers... they will be pretty much as they sit now just without the masking tape haha, I have that stuff on there until I'm done so I don't scratch them... yours already looks way nicer and will only get better as you near the finish!... did you ever paint your intake and how did it turn out??

Originally Posted by Toque
Looks great Neutron !

Try to make it to one of our Plano Sunday evening GTG's sometime to show it off !
PM me for details...

Toque
you guys meet up about 5 mins down the road from where I live... one of these days I might stop by, looks like you have a small army now
Old 01-29-2015, 01:20 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
you guys meet up about 5 mins down the road from where I live... one of these days I might stop by, looks like you have a small army now
We do a lot of stuff on weekends (weather permitting).
If we meet up I'll show you where we all chat, and organize for different events.

Toque
Old 01-16-2018, 02:31 PM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Bumping an old thread. Toque/Neutron, you guys still running without it?

I broke the line from the firewall to the solenoid while removing the engine. It was brittle and broke in my hand after i already had the ends disconnected.

I was trying to decide if it could all be removed or not and came across this thread.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:06 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

mine has been off for the last 3-4 years and no issues at all... you can replace the broken line with a piece of vacuum hose if you want to keep it

Last edited by neutron82; 01-16-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:28 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

another thing, if you do decide to remove it and cap the intake off don't use the standard rubber vacuum caps you get at the parts store because they will crack in no time and cause a vacuum leak... the best ones I have found are made of silicone and they aren't cheap but they will last, I have had mine on for a few years and they are still like new

here's where you can get them, https://store.034motorsport.com/sili...-diameter.html ... they have lots of different sizes, just put "silicone cap" in the search box and it will bring up all the ones they have

Quick Reply: Can the Vapor Canister Purge Valve be relocated / removed ?