C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

same old problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 10:53 PM
metalheadbusa
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default same old problems

hey guys i have a 99 c5 manual trans. i have replaced the bcm i had a coolant leak. then i got the pull key code with the service column lock on the dic. so i got the lmc5 part installed it still had the codes so they sent me another one. but im still getting this code. i have to unhook the battery to go the car to drive. now it might go two days without it popping up or a month.i have cleaned all grounds ,pulled out the bcm and fuse box to make sure there was no corsion there. im headed to bowling green this weekend. and would love to have this fixed before getting on the road. can anyone help!!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:28 PM
metalheadbusa
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
What version of the LMC5 do you have now installed??? LMC5-R or 5 wire LMC5? If the LMC5-R contact Compliance and see if you can get the 5 Wire LMC5.
yeah i had the lmc5-R and they sent me the 5 wire one but its strange even with that in and the relay pulled and the ignition work done im still getting this code. my key is worn down bad could the key be my problem and im still trying to get into the dealership to have the RPO codes put in i wonder if that might be the cause also

Quick Reply: same old problems