C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tire press monitor system

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 09:58 AM
jt2004
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tire press monitor system

On my 04 vette there is no display for the tire press when I go thru the list on the dash listing under options, it gets to the fob training, the "tire training" should be next. I followed the instructions of the tech tips blog for tire press mont system . I understand car must be rolling over 20 mph for a reading, but it's like the system is missing. Chevy dealer here in Podunk Arkansas has no clue..Help
Old 08-29-2014, 11:19 AM
jt2004
Cruising

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Most likely a previous owner had the TPMS RPO programmed out of the BCM. The C5Z06 never came with TPMS and this was accommodated by having an RPO in the BCM for TPMS or NOT.. The BCM CAN be programmed with a TECH II to add that RPO back to the car. Dealer Techs are probably too dumb to recognize this.
I understand TPMS, need a little help with the acronyms RPO and BCM. Should the dealer have a TECH II? Sorry for being a pain.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:44 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

RPOs just designate what options the car has. The BCM is the Body Control Module computer which has these stored in there (passenger foot well). They can be added or removed using a Tech II. Of course if your car didn't have Memory (as an example) then programming it into your BCM will not provide that feature since there is also hardware that is requires.

The RFA or Remote Features Actuation module in the rear of the car receives the tire sensor inputs and the FOB inputs. It then sends the info to the BCM which then sends it to the dash for TPMS.

Hope this helps some. Mr. Sam
Old 08-29-2014, 04:26 PM
jt2004
Cruising

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
RPO stands for Regular Production Options. As stated above it is an option that can be added to the vehicle at the factory (in some cases after delivery to the dealer) that can be installed on the car. There is a list of the acronyms for those that were installed on your car on the inside of the glove box door. If you want to know what they stand for look at this web site:

http://www.c5registry.com/Production/2004/index.htm

Yes the dealership SHOULD have a TECH II device.
thanks a bunch guys

Get notified of new replies

To tire press monitor system

Quick Reply: tire press monitor system