C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible to remove the ALT accessorie bracket without disconnecting the PS Pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 11:53 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Is it possible to remove the ALT accessorie bracket without disconnecting the PS Pump

Well i need to take my Alt accessories brackets to cut the weak idler and install an ecs fixed idler.

First question:
Is it possible to remove the bracket without disconnecting the PS Pump or having to move the brake module just in front of it ??? I mean can the pump be unbolted and moved a little to have acces to the bracket ???I got the stock plain plastic pulley with no holes in it.

Second question:
Is it possible to swap PS pulley from the stock plastic one for a LS2 metal one while the pump is still in the car and again without taking or disconnecting anything.The ls2 pulley that got holes in it to be able to reach the ps pump bolt if i ever need to take it off again .

Thanks
Eric
Old 08-29-2014, 11:24 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I did ask those question because after doing a lot of search on the board, it seems that it was a PITA to do and there was a lot involve.

Well to answer both my question, yes it can be done and in less than 1 hour.

I took out my accessories bracket without disconnecting my ps pump,only the reservoir need to be disconnect.The 3 ps pump bolts are hard to get between the pulley and the pump but its very doable.

So no fluid anywhere and i was also able to take off the stock plastick pulley with the puller kit and im waiting for the ls2 (4 days to get it).

So no need to take the brake module off or anything else.Job will be also easier and faster with the new open pulley.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:19 PM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

You will like the open pulley. And it won't bust either.

When I had that addy out of mine while doing the head cam upgrade, I drilled holes in the stock pulley for access. Worked perfect. I didn't know about the LS2 pulley at the time.

I used C5 accessory brackets etc in my LS swap for my 69 a Nova. Used the LS2 pulley. Because I had to make my own SS braided PS hoses, I had the PS pump off more than a few times. Takes 5 minutes!

Ron

Get notified of new replies

To Is it possible to remove the ALT accessorie bracket without disconnecting the PS Pump

Quick Reply: Is it possible to remove the ALT accessorie bracket without disconnecting the PS Pump