C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting new shells, need help making a decision

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 11:06 AM
Schuby_racer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting new wheels, need help making a decision

I'm sure if I spend a couple hours searching I could find the answer, but I'm planning on ordering new wheels and tires for my vette today and need help with what size I should get.

I have an '01coup. I've decided to go +1" front and rear, and I want to keep the same size side wall profile to fill the wheel well better.what I'm stuck on is whether I should get wider wheels/tires or just go with the stock width. I don't have any plans to actually race the car, but since I'm spending the money for new wheel package, I want to make sure I make the right decision. How wide of a wheel/tire will fit on a stock suspension and if I go with a wider wheel (say 18x9.5 front/19x10.5 rear) what would be the "proper" tire size and maintain the side profile?

Last edited by Schuby_racer; 08-29-2014 at 02:09 PM. Reason: typo's
Old 08-30-2014, 02:54 PM
m6 c5
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im running a 295/35 18 in the front with no issues for what its worth
Old 08-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Schuby_racer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m6 c5
Im running a 295/35 18 in the front with no issues for what its worth
Thanks, that does help. The tire shop I was talking with was worried about figment and clearance when turning mostly, but I know the z06 has wider wheels/tires and I know people go bigger than that still, just don't want to safaris turning radius since the radius is already so large (relative to the size of the car)

Last edited by Schuby_racer; 08-30-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:15 AM
m6 c5
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I run a c5z wheel up front and Im pretty low on my coil overs and the only place i was making contact was on the wheel weight that was stuck to the inner lip. There isnt a lot of clearance at full lock but they fit and dont stick out past the fenders.

Get notified of new replies

To getting new shells, need help making a decision

Quick Reply: getting new shells, need help making a decision