C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will these wheel/tires fit my '01 coup?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Schuby_racer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will these wheel/tires fit my '01 coup?

I've picked new wheels for my car and trying to decide on tire size. I went with 18x9.5 wheels with 56mm off set and 7.45" backspacing for the front, and 19x10 wheels with 65mm offset and 8.06 backspacing. For tires I'm thinking 265/40/18 for the front and 295/40/19 for the rear. Does anyone see any issue if I did that with rubbing or proper stager? I have the ability to change tie sizes in the computer and my goal is a combination that properly fits the wheel well. I think the stock size are just a touch to small for the opening IMO. I would like to hear either "yes that will work without issue" or "no, that won't work because of _____".
Old 08-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Schuby_racer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, after researching I realized that rear tire basically doesn't exist. This is my first time changing a wheel/tire combination on a vehicle, and could use some input from those who have done it. Like I said, I want to fill out the wheel well more. I'm going +1" diameter and +1" wider front and + 1/2" wider rear wheels(can't find the style I want in 10.5" width).

Quick Reply: will these wheel/tires fit my '01 coup?