C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Column Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 09:33 AM
clyons
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Column Help

I have the dash removed from by 2001 to re-glue one of the instrument bezels that popped off. My wiper switch has had a problem so now is a good time to replace it. The plastic that wraps around the turn signal switch and wiper switch has me at a stop. I saw on an earlier post that four torx screws holds it in place. There is a piece on the back of the wrap around that I can't seem to get removed. Can somebody please explain to me how to remove the wrap from the column? Thanks
Old 09-01-2014, 12:27 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

I have a great link with pictures for the MF switch R&R at home. If I forget to post for you please remind me as one of my clients has me very busy right now. If I recall there are some plastic "hooks" that help keep the halves together.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:19 PM
clyons
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks, I need it.

Originally Posted by dadaroo
I have a great link with pictures for the MF switch R&R at home. If I forget to post for you please remind me as one of my clients has me very busy right now. If I recall there are some plastic "hooks" that help keep the halves together.
Thanks
Old 09-03-2014, 05:59 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

See if this helps

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-a-how-to.html

Get notified of new replies

To Steering Column Help

Quick Reply: Steering Column Help