C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 04:54 PM
VETTEC599
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Turn Signal Gremlins

Vette is a '99 C5 FRC - - Several weeks ago my left turn signal started periodically clicking rapidly - if I turned it off and on several times it would work normally. The right turn signal worked normally. Then for several days all was well. Several days later later the cycle was repeated in reverse - right rapid, left normal. Finally, both went to rapid clicking. I have no front signal activity, normal back signal. I installed the sequential tail light harness. I was also told that my amber bulb was out and the right side. I really don't believe in replacing parts in an effort to get things right; however, purchasing the four bulbs - two amber, two clear - is no great expense other than time involved. Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated - thank you in advance.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:58 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

Try Google. Usually its the first link.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:54 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I had drivers turn signal light go out and it caused my blinker to flash really quick, changed it and all is well. Additional, my turn signals started working intermediately, the flasher is part of the hazard switch, u can exercise it and sometimes they start working for a while or i just bump the dash on top of flasher and it works. Pain to replace but one day soon i will get to it
Old 09-01-2014, 10:01 PM
martysauto
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Hazard switch, it's common on gm vehicles.

Get notified of new replies

To Turn Signal Gremlins

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Gremlins