C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(sigh) Which oil for 418ci LS3 *Steet Use*

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 04:43 PM
ZZ06
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Sigforty
It is far from stock. The car is a 383 stroker with a 200 shot direct port on top of that. I use to daily drive the car until about a year and a half ago when I stopped. I use to also do a lot of racing on the weekends. As for my failure it was created by a mushrooming valve stem tip. That created lash in the rocker, which cause the lifter so flake some metal off the roller and mess up the cam lobe. It was only on one cylinder. While I was having all that fixed we re-ringed the engine and replaced the bearings. I do not have any pictures of them, but they were all perfect with no major wear.
Wow. Glad you got it fixed. Thank you for your input.

Originally Posted by MCAF
I have a gen1 434 stroker, solid roller cam, about 550hp. ran a D1sc for 2yrs w/ 14# of boost in a 37 Plymouth truck streetrod and ran VR1 20w50 race oil from when the motor was built. Motor is 5 years old ~ 15000miles on it.

the motor is very clean, I cut open filters to check for debri and strange stuff

I have driven in all types of conditions rain, traffic jams, on the interstate cruising at 80mph for several hours

I buy the VR1 by the case from advanced when the put it on sale twice a year
I will be putting it my 2000 when I change the oil the first time, I just got this car.
hmmm another running 50wt. Interesting

Quick Reply: (sigh) Which oil for 418ci LS3 *Steet Use*