C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LCM5 Installation Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 04:37 AM
97C5Rebel
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCM5 Installation Problem

I installed the LCM5 bypass tonight as a preventive measure, and after the installation I turned the key to the "on" position and got the following messages:

Service Column Lock, and

Pull Key, Wait 10 seconds

Proceeded to drive the car (1997 Corvette) and the 2 mph fuel cutoff kicked in. Did this several times and when the reached the excessive mph of 2, the fuel continued to shutoff. Went back to the instructions and went through the troubleshoot procedures according to the instructions:

Solution 1: Disconnect battery at 5 seconds
Solution 2: Check the wire connectors for full engagement
Solution 3: Reapply installation.

All above was done, but messages still exist along with the 2 mph fuel cutoff. Everything worked as normal before the LCM5 installation, and previous column bypasses were not done because it was not needed apparently.

I bought the 97 Vette three weeks ago with 52,500 miles on it and really trying to avoid going to the dealership. I have not called Compliance Parts yet, but posting here before I do, to see if a veteran member might have some insight.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:30 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by 97C5Rebel
I installed the LCM5 bypass tonight as a preventive measure, and after the installation I turned the key to the "on" position and got the following messages:

Service Column Lock, and

Pull Key, Wait 10 seconds

Proceeded to drive the car (1997 Corvette) and the 2 mph fuel cutoff kicked in. Did this several times and when the reached the excessive mph of 2, the fuel continued to shutoff. Went back to the instructions and went through the troubleshoot procedures according to the instructions:

Solution 1: Disconnect battery at 5 seconds
Solution 2: Check the wire connectors for full engagement
Solution 3: Reapply installation.

All above was done, but messages still exist along with the 2 mph fuel cutoff. Everything worked as normal before the LCM5 installation, and previous column bypasses were not done because it was not needed apparently.

I bought the 97 Vette three weeks ago with 52,500 miles on it and really trying to avoid going to the dealership. I have not called Compliance Parts yet, but posting here before I do, to see if a veteran member might have some insight.

Thanks in advance.
I would just call Richard at Compliance. He is very helpful.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:48 AM
seu318
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

same exact thing happened to me. I rechecked everything, then noticed there were more instructions to do the loop cut if the DIC message showed up. I probably should have called Compliance first, but I just went ahead and proceeded with the loop cut instructions and I was good to go - not a single problem since. I've read a lot on the LMC5 and if I had it to do over again - just to be certain - I would have called Compliance.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:42 PM
97C5Rebel
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by seu318
same exact thing happened to me. I rechecked everything, then noticed there were more instructions to do the loop cut if the DIC message showed up. I probably should have called Compliance first, but I just went ahead and proceeded with the loop cut instructions and I was good to go - not a single problem since. I've read a lot on the LMC5 and if I had it to do over again - just to be certain - I would have called Compliance.
I think the loop cut option is done if you have the steering column lock relay above the BCM, and to my understanding a 1997 Corvette does not have this relay.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:31 PM
97C5Rebel
Heel & Toe

I was able to talk to Richard at Compliance Parts, very helpful and knowledgeable like forum members say, and we went over the installation again. There it was, the mistake I made after swearing up and down that I doubled and tripled checked.................

The purple wire was in the fourth slot instead of the third slot.

I made the adjustment.................problem gone.

Thanks all, and this product is highly recommended.

Get notified of new replies

To LCM5 Installation Problem

Quick Reply: LCM5 Installation Problem