C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good drag suspension setup for c5z ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 06:40 PM
lsxvette
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Default good drag suspension setup for c5z ?

any input ill help ...looking at the qa1 stuff ...its a 6 speed car ,,,..coilover or just shocks ,,,keeep the leaf....remove swaybar ?
Old 09-22-2014, 09:40 PM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO the z06 is the worst trim to turn into a dragster. In terms of stock components, the base models have better leaf springs for launching. Id suggest coilovers to get drag racing performance. But that's not really necessary until pretty big power. If you wish to run good size slicks, the rear brake cooling ducts will have to go. Yes the z is a little lighter, but where? Over the rear wheels. Not good. The gearing isn't great for it either from what I hear. Get big power and you run out of gear quick.

Not saying it can't or shouldn't be done. But not to mention the z being a more valuable car, I'd never turn one into a dragster. Not practical any way you look at it.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:18 AM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts

I would like to know as well. 1000hp Z06 stock suspension. I'm thinking some adjustable coil overs are needed.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:28 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Two of the best C5 set up guys (RobZ and DBN) say start at the front. D/A shocks up front and stock shocks in the rear. From what I understand, the weight transfer is controlled by the front shocks and the rear shocks control the wheel spin/wheel speed. The stock rear shocks seem to handle it pretty well until you get to the higher powered machines.

Get notified of new replies

To good drag suspension setup for c5z ?

Quick Reply: good drag suspension setup for c5z ?