C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bitten by the electrical Gremlin

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 08:39 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bitten by the electrical Gremlin

Need some ideas. 99 Vert, sport , power seats. I was moving the drivers seat forward and up so I could check under the seat for a small Item that I had lost. Anyway, after I got it into that position ( but I don't think it really went all the way) it stopped working, lights up the dash big time with everything. Played with it a bit with no luck. After I let it sit and restarted it, the light show went away but a lot of H codes.
I checked the passenger fuse box for the fuse #35(driver power seat control), it was very hot. Not sure where to go from here? The lumbar motors work fine, the seat control motors do not.Maybe take the seat out and plug it into the passenger wiring and see what happens? Any ideas?
Also, my telescopic function stopped working as well. Is this the Drivers Side Module issue?
Thanks again

Last edited by dmarkshark; 09-27-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:05 AM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, after clearing the codes, I have one left which is probably the problem.
Its BO856 H C. If anyone has any insight on this I would not mind your valuable help.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: Bitten by the electrical Gremlin