C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Fuel Guage Readings

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 11:49 PM
hgoodwiniii
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Default 2001 Fuel Guage Readings

Hi all,I was having known fuel guage reading problems that's discussed over and over here on the forum. I replaced lh fuel sensor and arm in my 01 a few months ago to alleviate this problem in my car. Guages and DIC messages have been working fine and have been in sync since then until today. Today, I am getting a guage reading at 1/2 full and the DIC range is saying "Low Fuel". I even filled the car up and the guage reading and DIC range message ramains the same. I have driven about 100 miles after the fill up and no change. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:26 AM
GETUONE
Instructor

Location: Mobile,Alabama When someone tells me they've always wanted a Corvette,I say...GETUONE.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gauge in my 2002 has worked sporadically since I bought the car eight 8 years ago. I try to use only Chevron gas with Techron and a bottle of Techron additive every once in a while helps. I was in Bowling Green week before last and had to stop at a Marathon station. Their gas has an STP additive. My gauge started working and worked the rest of the week, but quit again on the way home. I bought a bottle of STP gas treatment and put in the tank but it didn't help. I just reset the B trip odometer when I fill up and go by mileage, and don't worry about it anymore.

Last edited by GETUONE; 09-28-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 2001 Fuel Guage Readings