C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

famous headlight issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 08:47 AM
joy_rider
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default famous headlight issues

Hi guys,

My left headlight is acting strange. turning on is working ok. turning off will close the lights, however my left one will not stop but keeps opening and closing for 5 sec. then it stops half open (or any position).
I have searched this forum and found about the upgrade kit and the bump stops. Bump stops are present so I gues I need to install the upgrade kit.

Hower I discovered one thing which I would discuss with you experts:
When turning the manual **** CCW the unit opens completely and blocks at some point. When I turn the manual **** CW the headunit closes however the **** will not lock. I can keep turning CW and there comes the unit back up again. My question : Is this a gear issue or bad bumpstop issues?

Thanks!!
Old 10-17-2014, 11:08 AM
joy_rider
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

thanks for responding, yes you are right. I 've filled up some info.
car is from 2001, 23000miles, very nice blue with tan roof/ interior.
I know the kits, however I am not sure if the closing issue will be solved. That's the reason of my question: turning manually headunit to close won't give me a lock / resistent, simply the h/u wil open again when I keep turning.

When I compare this to the passenger site: this gives me the lock when fully closed.

Last edited by joy_rider; 10-17-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: famous headlight issues