C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ticking noise on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:38 AM
enoniam
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Ticking noise on acceleration

I'm getting a ticking noise in my 00 automatic vert. Its frequency isn't as fast as a lifter or exhaust tick and it doesn't seem to increase in frequency with engine speed but its volume seems to be engine speed dependent. I don't notice it when doing hard acceleration, but that may be due to the loud exhaust covering it. The car has 99K miles and I've only had it since May.

At the moment based upon some of my reading on this forum I'm leaning to its cause being a torque tube bushing/coupler but I thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone of you has had a similar noise that you were able to successfully track down. Otherwise the car seems to be running fine - I'm not getting any vibration. Engine seems to be a bit hopped up - saw 380 rwhp in July. During the summer I only noticed the tick when running AC and I thought it was AC related but since I'm now hearing it with AC off I'm guessing the change is due to being able to hear it better with the windows and top up and/or it's getting worse.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-18-2014, 03:51 PM
enoniam
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts

After further research and since they aren't very expensive I'm going to try replacing the AIR system's check valves.

Quick Reply: Ticking noise on acceleration